R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default THE BMT 984!!

My own observation is simple its a very well designed car and has proven to be track worthy and has performed well on the highest level but unfortunately the car has yet to reach American soil...
Old 09-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

My expirience: Its a very good copy of Capricorn - but the lower price means some weak parts (lower quality?). The performance is absolutely ok.
Sadly the dealeres a very rare....

And: Daniele Ielasi did win the Italian Championship 2014! Congrats !

Look at this interesting link (in french): sasandelle.free.fr/BMT%20984/BMT%20984.html
TomAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to DaRaceMasta

as with any design if the compound of plastic is not up to par like it is in 1/8th off road then that may be.. but other wise.. machined aluminium etc.. isnt a must throughout the car, lovely car and great to see the brand name back.. hope it ll be picked up more in future distribution..
Old 01-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

Here they have the car and the spares, just to order, ashobbyracing.com
GIDDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIDDE View Post
Here they have the car and the spares, just to order, ashobbyracing.com
the only question in ordering this car is why.. if bought by someone outside europe or italy would i/we need to pay the 100.80Euro tax. ?? om du vet sa skulle jag va glad at hora.. hehe
Old 01-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Last edited by GIDDE; 01-08-2015 at 10:13 PM.
GIDDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAT View Post
My expirience: Its a very good copy of Capricorn - but the lower price means some weak parts (lower quality?). The performance is absolutely ok.
Sadly the dealeres a very rare....

And: Daniele Ielasi did win the Italian Championship 2014! Congrats !

Look at this interesting link (in french): sasandelle.free.fr/BMT%20984/BMT%20984.html
BMT has more experience in 1:8 IC On-road than Capricorn. I doubt that it will be of lower quality. Given too that their "Rally Cross" cars - 1:8 GT in the US, are well built should give you an idea as to durability. Now if it is a design flaw, that is something else. I am sure that with this Beta model it will develop as time progresses. Keep in mind too that BMT cars have won 3 Ifmar World Championships. Also consider the driver of those three championships has also driven for Capricorn and ended up leaving them.

I would not count out the old Dog
Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys, the BMT is not a copy of the Capricorn C801. For 70% it is an actual C801.
Capricorn now has the C802 so I guess they had some C801 parts left and just re-anodized them.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #39
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
BMT has more experience in 1:8 IC On-road than Capricorn. I doubt that it will be of lower quality. Given too that their "Rally Cross" cars - 1:8 GT in the US, are well built should give you an idea as to durability. Now if it is a design flaw, that is something else. I am sure that with this Beta model it will develop as time progresses. Keep in mind too that BMT cars have won 3 Ifmar World Championships. Also consider the driver of those three championships has also driven for Capricorn and ended up leaving them.

I would not count out the old Dog
This is pretty na´ve. I very much doubt that this BMT has anything to do with the BMT of the 80s and 90s. Its probably just a company just using the name.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
This is pretty na´ve. I very much doubt that this BMT has anything to do with the BMT of the 80s and 90s. Its probably just a company just using the name.
Fair statement, yet its still BMT. Just for S&G I contacted the current BMT office, to see if they are still in Monza perhaps the same location, and if any former employees are employed currently.

I will reconsider my statement upon the reply.

I had not considered this, considerring I own a Bimota YB8 from 1990, and myself want nothing to do with the latest iteration of Bimota, as its not the same as it was.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:47 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

I know after they went broke (a year after the Pantera) it was already switched into many hands as OPS was one of the owners. The later develloped Rallygame had many parts of the old onroad cars as I also was told that Mantua model was the place to find the old BMT parts.

I also believe the current BMT designers have nothing to do with the old cars but as far I could see it is only a slight re-designed Capricorn and some own devellopment is going on regarding the Facebook page of Ielasi Tuned.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:19 AM   #42
Tech Addict

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/daniele...nues-with-bmt/
Old 01-22-2015, 05:28 AM   #43
Tech Rookie

I submit that the similarities between this BMT model, and the 801 Capricorn
are so embarrassing that they can clearly say that it is, a simple COPY of the Capricorn.
I personally find it in bad taste that a company like BMT can afford to present to the public a model passing it off as his own developing when they were not even able to change details as banal as such discharges relief of the central axle mount.
Almost 90% of the parts are interchangeable with those Capricorn.
A serious company that researches and develops a model of HIS HAND could never conceive and create such a "mess" plagiarism intellectual.
I should not wonder if Capricorn decides to go to court.
Even a firm of small umbrellas for cocktails could have done it... by sending a box of 801 Capricorn model to the first Chinese CNC industry and molding saying .. accomplishes this in 500 pieces.

How sad !!!
toxstoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Who says it is a copy? I am pretty sure there is an agreement between the 2 companies because both are working together on new devellopments like the pushrod suspension. To me that is telling that BMT is just using Capricorn made parts to get their own car.
In the past we have seen it with a Delta based on a Kyosho, many offroad models and not to forget the ARC 1/10 touring which has stand model for many brands (like Capricorn) and probably do share the same manufacturer.

But if pushrod will be a succes.... In the past several brands have tried it and all came back with the normal direct placed shocks.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:42 AM   #45
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Who says it is a copy?

Have a look at the model !!

I am pretty sure there is an agreement between the 2 companies because both are working together on new devellopments like the pushrod suspension.

I can tell you is not at all like you say...
I think it's more than clear
toxstoxs is offline   Reply With Quote