R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default JQ - THE GT8 Car - conversion

Sorry JQ ... but I had to cut some parts of the car, but the platform was kept .... for me, the car is one of the most well built and easy to work ... endless setup options and differentials are bullet proof .... perfect combination and fast !! light weight is a bonus !!! in its first test run, we get the third place after losing the lead by glowplug problem (burn) ... but we feel a very fast car, agile, and with much input curve off power and high stability and corner speed ... not yet found a perfect setup, but work for it .... first prototype was with tha 1st version chassis ... and now i put my yellow edition chassis on it ... lets see what we can got on next race ...

mods
2shoe type IGT 2speed transmission
xray 10 degree caster blocks and hubs
dremmel chassis adjustments
4 eb4s3 front shocks

lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

i forgot to mention that i put a IGT 150 cc fuel tank with no necessary mods ... put a have to change the front chassi brace to another option of brace to fit the fuel tank properly

the final 1

the final 2 that we burn 2 glow plugs and lost too much time

final result 3rd place

on July Sat 13 , we will push harder on the second round of our state championship !! letīs do it !!!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

second group finals results
final 1

final 2
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

on Sep 14 the day was hot and we done it right this time ....

My JQ GT Car was very fast and reliable, giving me the ability and comfort needed to beat the record of laps, best lap and the first win of the season ... still much to learn and develop the car, we are working with a weight of 3510 g and the full range of tires ALPHA RC who are doing an excellent job in the development of compounds ... in October 12 we will be on track for another round ... lets rock!!

thanks to all my friends and ALPHA RC / HotEstantes Shop / MK model Fuel for the support !!! without this help I`ll never do this !!!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

My JQ GT Car was very fast and reliable, giving me the ability and comfort needed to beat the record of laps, best lap and the first win of the season ... still much to learn and develop the car, we are working with a weight of 3510 g and the full range of tires ALPHA RC who are doing an excellent job in the development of compounds ... in October 12 we will be on track for another round ... lets rock!!

thanks to all my friends and ALPHA RC / HotEstantes Shop / MK model Fuel for the support !!! without this help I`ll never do this !!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice conversion , well done. Do you run without the INS box?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post

what 2 speed did you use? can we get better picture's of how you squeezed it in there?
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Default what brand 2 speed did you use ?

Quote:

what model of 2 speed did you use in the JQ? kyosho?power racing products?serpent?ofna? do enlighten us....
Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

mods
2shoe type IGT 2speed transmission
xray 10 degree caster blocks and hubs
dremmel chassis adjustments
4 eb4s3 front shocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
what model of 2 speed did you use in the JQ? kyosho?power racing products?serpent?ofna? do enlighten us....
Read the first post!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Default IGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Read the first post!
(IGT) I know what a 2 speed is and what car's have them produced for them. this is a 1 off custom job. I dont know who make (IGT) 2 speed that he used in his car.

did it come from a ofna dtm? power racing products rally car? Kyosho GT? Serpent? thundertiger?

i have 3 of the car's mentioned above and there 2 speed center diff looks to big ?? im going to build one of these and wouldlike to have the info as i may already have the parts i need to do this.

Jesse
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
(IGT) I know what a 2 speed is and what car's have them produced for them. this is a 1 off custom job. I dont know who make (IGT) 2 speed that he used in his car.

did it come from a ofna dtm? power racing products rally car? Kyosho GT? Serpent? thundertiger?

i have 3 of the car's mentioned above and there 2 speed center diff looks to big ?? im going to build one of these and wouldlike to have the info as i may already have the parts i need to do this.

Jesse
Kyosho Inferno GT (IGT) The shoe type 2 speed is KYOIGW008
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Tech Apprentice

hello friends ... i used the system of 2 shoe type from kyosho , however modified. I cut the shaft and removed the spacer, to make him more compact ... due to the size of the exchange, I still had to modify some holes in the chassis and had to purchase a 78 mm dogbone front/centre ... i do not hav serpent or other cars gears , but i think a more compact system is almost plug and play ... the car is fast with the new 43/13 , i will try the punch gears 43/11 on future ;;; i have lot of parts here , my last car was a kyo777 gt , and i do the conversion using some parts from kyosho .... i will try use the original caster blocks and hubs , but i think is to much caster for gt style cars ... i will take some more detail photos ... but i can say the car is fast and furious guys !!!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

i forgot to mention that i using the original smooth shocks from JQ .... and thatīs work very well for me !!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

some details of the principal mods ... chassis end central gears/brake system ... front shock tower is one important job to do !!!

you can use the original JQ caster blocks and hubs , but you ll have to reduce the chassis kick up with the suspension holders bushs ... īthats ok
my others cars are 2 xray808 2010/11 , 2 JQs first/yellow , 2infernos buggy/truggy ...so i have all parts from these cars to make tests and conversions ... the 2 speed 2 shoe type from kyosho is one of the best ... you can easy tune , and have long life ... others brands you have to take the part off to make a tune ... the kyosho ones you need a 2mm tool and directly adjust your shift time on the car ...

Last edited by lagos; 09-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Lagos...did you use Xray XB9 caster blocks on this build...do you think it will fit on a IGT ? 10 degrees caster is perfect !