Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho GT2 Race Spec DBR9 Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Kyosho GT2 Race Spec DBR9 Bearings

I am setting up a Kyosho GT2 Race Spec for drag racing, and someone I spoke with kept telling me that I should buy a set of "ceramic bearings" and replace all the bearings in the whole car. I have looked through the instruction manual as well as Kyosho's "Optional Parts List", and I am unsure how many bearings to get in terms of what size, and how many of each size.

Can anyone please tell me if they know the different sized bearings that are in a Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec Chassis?
I saw in the manual it has these sizes and from what I counted, this many -
5x10x4mm (6 bearings)
8x16x5mm (12 bearings)
6x10x3mm (2 bearings)

Are these all of them total, or are there differing sizes/amounts?
Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hello,

Really don't see any need to purchase Ceramics for the the IGT.

I am sure some will disagree and that's fine, but if you buy a good quality bearing & not some Chinese bearing that was made with marginal tolerances, clean them on a regular basis and relube as needed, you will be more then fine.

Get a good quality bearing oil/lube and do the maintenance required. Backup bearings of all the sizes for your RC are always a MUST to carry.

As I recall 8x16x5 is the bearing that you will be replacing the most because the entire drivetrain uses them front center and back - thats 14 alone.

Have fun

Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Okay for an all out as fast as possible drag machine I would for sure use Ceramics. I run them in both my Buggy and GT and absolutely love them. Top speed comes from being able to put every drop of power to the ground which means traction and as little drag as possible. I would suggest a Buku Speed Tune clutch so you can adjust to various amounts of traction, full on ceramics and a Drag Race modified motor. Again the Ultimate Build in my opinion.

Motor - http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=704

Best Bearings - http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...nitro-off-road

Next Step down on Bearings - http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...nitro-off-road

Bearing Oil - http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...lightning-lube

Bearing Cleaner - http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...lightning-lube

Then lighten it up where you can and pull the throttle. Again this is what I would do for an ultimate build you can obviously spare change here and there. but once you decide going straight is fun come launch it down the back straight with us and then turn. See you at the track!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ty, pretty sure he is parking lot drag racing with his buddies that's what my thoughts are. Real Nice Ceramics are worth more then the entire kyosho car

But if thats what he wants to do have at it

If he really wants to drag race he might wanna find a different platform, maybe something like this. I few pictures of a friends Real Drag car.

Much success to whatever he chooses I am sure you can make him a list

Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks both of you for your responses, I really needed some guidance. I know the bearings that came in the Inferno GT2 aren't quite up to par so that is one of the last things I have been wanting to do is replace all of them. I want ceramics but Boca wants $319 for 24 bearings...quite a bit for a college student lol so I probably won't be able to get all ceramics, but Ty I also agree with you on your views -

I run ceramic bearings through real car drag racing and building chassis'/motors for real world drag racing, and I also have used them when my friends (team) would go drag racing street bikes just for the mere fact that ceramics have such an incredible resilience to heat and friction and they are just so much better point blank period through my experience.

So far, my drag chassis is a Inferno GT2 Race Spec with chassis braces, I have a R&B RT9 motor that has been modded by Rick Brake and am waiting for a Nova 28-7T I sent him a couple of weeks back to mod for me, foam tires, savox servos, and foam tires, and the back/middle/front has some heavy weight oil in the diffs (I think - I was putting car together while friend rebuilt all 3 diffs lol), so hopefully with this set up, I will pull some good times in 132 ft drag racing, I am just looking for those little tricks and things that you can do to shave a bit of time here and there you know I'm sure.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rick builds a nice drag engine have fun
Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the responses, this will be for both parking lot races, but we also have a pro-tree that we are going to be using to line up on our 132 ft runway we have.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been waiting for Rick to finish that motor, I got the extreme all around mod, not the drag mod because I wasn't sure if I would run that R&B Innovations RT9 on the car w/ Ricks Drag Mod or the Nova 28-7T with the all around mod by Rick. I am just guessing at this point that my Nova Rick has now will just go on my Losi 8ight-T or I will keep as a backup engine.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

The 119 set from Boca are pretty nice too. They aren't the Abec 7 craziness but still leaps and bounds ahead of the stock ones. You could also could do the Acer set. A moded 28-7t is for anyone looking for too much power, perfect motor for drag! Id work the drivetrain and make sure there is as little of drag as possible and throw in the monster motor.

Curious to see what you come up with keep us posted!