8mm carburator

In 2013:
16% nitro
5 min qualifying refueling not allowed

1/10th scale
Min weight: 1550 grammes

In 2013:

In Europe, we have noise problems in some areas. So in order to lower the noise, Efra wants to reduces engine's rpm

And for international races, the track will have to be treated.
Tires will have to pass the sniffer ray test.
The sniffer can detect hazardous chemical, but not natural chemicals.

But if the track has a good grip, tire treatment is "useless". At least it is considered like that.

To be continued...

Last edited by romain_f; 11-09-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Weight limit
As I have staated at the AGM, adding weight is much easier and cheaper than reducing weight. A piece of brass is much cheaper than all kind of Titanium and lightweight aluminium parts and do not forget the wear is much bigger than steel parts like driveshafts. Is it the avarage racer his choice to use those parts and fragile bodies? NO!!!!
Beside that, at this moment the avarage racer do not always have the latest generation car.

Messuring body height
170mm from the gound on a 20mm spacer will give an height of 160mm. If your downstop is set that the wheels can touch the ground you can set the body at the illigal 170mm but legally

5 min qualify w/o refuling
Crazy.... The reason we went to 7min with refuling was that for sure the avarage racer was not damaging his engine by setting it to lean getting the 5 minutes w/o fuelstop. The sugestion of 3:30 minute engines was already stated by then that it could happen and it did.
Now we can go back damaging engines again and now by the rules because there is no choice of a fuelstop.
The funny thing is that the EFRA is hoping that the noise will go down as well but for the finals the 3:30 minute engines can still be used.....

Tire treatment
Although my personal statement is not to allow it I can feel with the compromise. I already had questions from 2 clubs if it would harm the track.....

Regarding the future:
AAC is making more noise... I want numbers on a same designed engine, With the JP R02 (AAC) there was no difference in sound with the R03...
5-port is making less noise... yeah right
A 13mm crankshaft hole max is alowed.... Huh? much bigger than current?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

well then we were both there...
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That 10th weight limit seems a little crazy, sure it's right?.

I'd beleive 1650 grams, build up my MTX5 recently and it's very light, not looking forward to getting it up to 1725 gram limit that we have here, but then I also can't quite imagine getting it down to 1550 either, I'd have to loose like 100 grams to do that.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It reads to me that 2013 is no refueling and 16%. Everyone should be able to make 5 minutes with out damaging their engine with 16%.

Maybe 2012 is still 25% with refueling and 8mm max restrictor?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by romain_f
Here are the biggest changes that are coming soon in Europe:
In 1/8th scale
Min weight: 2400 grammes
8mm carburator

In 2013:
16% nitro

1/10th scale
Min weight: 1550 grammes

In 2013:

In Europe, we have noise problems in some areas. So in order to lower the noise, Efra wants to reduces engine's rpm

And for international races, the track will have to be treated.
Tires will have to pass the sniffer ray test.
The sniffer can detect hazardous chemical, but not natural chemicals.

But if the track has a good grip, tire treatment is "useless". At least it is considered like that.

To be continued...
I hope America and Asia dont follow those efra rules.

I agree with roelof's opinions though...... especially regarding weight limit and 5 minute qualifying.

Older generation cars will be race unworthy if the weight limit will be set too low.

Last edited by asw7576; 11-09-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

16% and 8mm carb. These motors are going to feel like they have no power compared to what we are used to. I do not think the USA will follow, IMO

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

About weight on the ten scalers,are you sure it's not for electric TC?Well,it doesn't matter I think we'll never run underweight anymore!They're not making any of us to run that low,but as low as our cars can that's what I understand.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kosmic RC Fuel
16% and 8mm carb. These motors are going to feel like they have no power compared to what we are used to. I do not think the USA will follow, IMO

DJ Apolaro
These rules are also planned at the IFMAR for the next worlds and they hope all blocks will follow.....
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The main reason for lowering the weights of 200mm TC is that the new kits fall well below the current minimum weight limit with engine and electronics in them. Even with a full tank of fuel, the cars are still underweight. I guess they figured since they are limiting the percentage of nitro in the fuel, in order to make the cars feel like they are going the same speeds as they currently are, shave a bunch of weight to compensate for the lower power due to the lower nitro content. Just a theory.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JLock
I guess they figured since they are limiting the percentage of nitro in the fuel, in order to make the cars feel like they are going the same speeds as they currently are, shave a bunch of weight to compensate for the lower power due to the lower nitro content. Just a theory.

exact!!

For 1/10 check this out:
Old 11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romain_f
exact!!

For 1/10 check this out:
Wow, that is well under the current weight limits!!! I see that you don't have tires on the car. So, how much more with four uncut tires and then four cut tires (to what you start with in qualifying) add to the weight you currently show?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Lord

No wheels......
Old 11-09-2011, 02:43 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
.... I guess they figured since they are limiting the percentage of nitro in the fuel, in order to make the cars feel like they are going the same speeds as they currently are, shave a bunch of weight to compensate for the lower power due to the lower nitro content. Just a theory.
The nitro percentage for 1/10 didn't change, it's been 16% for some time now. Going from 1700g to 1550g will actually make the cars quite a bit quicker.

Originally Posted by Roelof
No wheels......
The wheels are sitting on the body, but there's no foam on them though.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Older generation cars will be race unworthy if the weight limit will be set too low.
Non-issue. If you are running an MRX-3 or Vector or something, you aren't particularly worried about winning. And if I did really want to, I could get a MRX-3 close to that. Still be a bit overweight but not too much with very few changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.