Wiki Posts
Search

high quality servos?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default warranty

By the way HITEC does have two year full warranty.I no longer use any of their servos as I had a lot of problems with their mid range servos on throttle with a return spring.After warranty repairs on their digitals I had no further problems. The KO however is so much better both on speed, sensitivity, and centering that I use them (HITEC) only as play car servos.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by factory racer
thanks guys for all ur input.....im really considering the airtronics one...i dont really remember the number of the servo but it has a blue heat sink and it has 125 oz of torque and .07 transit time.......or the futaba s9451......either one of them i will chose from .....thanks alot guys

Mike.
It's the Airtronics 94360.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I heard at one point that we should use digital servos for brake/throttle on nitro cars. something about wearing it out due to how digital servos work. any truth to that?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
I heard at one point that we should use digital servos for brake/throttle on nitro cars. something about wearing it out due to how digital servos work. any truth to that?
Just the opposite. Do not use digitals on throttle /brake.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Can somebody explain why not digitals for throttle/brake?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

That's what I heard too but I been using KO2344 on my RRRs for throttle and never had any problems. I did have problem with thottle servo on my FW05R but that was because I did not use the rubber grommet to mount the servo. Once I put that one I did not have a problem again.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

is the airtronics servo with the blue heat sink any good.....it says it has .07 transit time and 125 oz of torque.....is airtronics also reliable ..................
Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jari
Can somebody explain why not digitals for throttle/brake?
There has been improvement in the digitals since they first came out, but the reason they were not to be used for throttle/brake is as follows. One of the big advantages to digital over analog is the fact it "pulses/adjusts" its position 3 times more often than an analog which is why they have holding torque 3x the actual rated torque. The problem with this on throttle/brake is really on the braking side. When braking, the servo is stalled and basically trying to move, but unable to. That extra pulsing causes the servo to overheat/fry itself. That is basically why manufacturers were advising analog on the throttle. I know my terminology may be incorrect, but the idea is correct. Either way, every digital I ever had fail was on the brakes, and I will just stick to using analog. Also, I don't really see any advantage to digital over analog on the brakes. There are obvious ones for the steering but not really for the brakes. That being said, why risk using digital for the throttle?

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-26-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like Ko 2344 or 2364. I think digital servo is better in general due to consistent adjustments and no overshoot. Analog servo, before any arm movement, will have to have a bit of backlash. Also, when it stops, it will have overshoot. These flaws are mainly because delay in the feedback loops. On the other hand, digital provides very frequent position update and much accurate neutral position. I agree with you, using digital servos at throttle/brake might have problem. But, I think on the newer ones this has been much improved.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by factory racer
is the airtronics servo with the blue heat sink any good.....it says it has .07 transit time and 125 oz of torque.....is airtronics also reliable ..................
I am using this on my mtx3 steering, used this same servo for steering on my 1/8th buggy, very reliable and strong. I have seen quite a few 1/8th buggies using this same servo. This is btw analog and very quiet compared to futaba servos. the sanwa verion is the ERG-VRX. I have seen broken futaba, KO but no sanwa/airtronics, usually its the ears of the case that is weak if you dont use the rubber grommets.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There has been improvement in the digitals since they first came out, but the reason they were not to be used for throttle/brake is as follows. One of the big advantages to digital over analog is the fact it "pulses/adjusts" its position 3 times more often than an analog which is why they have holding torque 3x the actual rated torque. The problem with this on throttle/brake is really on the braking side. When braking, the servo is stalled and basically trying to move, but unable to. That extra pulsing causes the servo to overheat/fry itself. That is basically why manufacturers were advising analog on the throttle. I know my terminology may be incorrect, but the idea is correct. Either way, every digital I ever had fail was on the brakes, and I will just stick to using analog. Also, I don't really see any advantage to digital over analog on the brakes. There are obvious ones for the steering but not really for the brakes. That being said, why risk using digital for the throttle?
Yeah then futaba releases the HRS reciever and says you need to run only digital servos. So im guessing they have at least fixed the problem.

Indeed futabas s9450 now has the s9451 so im guessing if you have the newer futabas or digitals. Your ok?

Im glad right now I can use either or and I use only digitals on the steering because of my budget.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default servos

Main reason not to use digital on brake is they have a much higher current draw.Airtronics is a very reliable servo other than the primary plastic gear,if or when it fails you will find nobody stocks it.If you run your servo saver stiff it is not very forgiving.My 2cents KO.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

i just order ko propo 2363 and 2364 for my upcoming serpent 710.anyone have it???how does it perform???
Old 05-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

how about futaba 3050. any input for this servo. it is digital and has 90 oz / 0.16s at 6.0v. can I use this for steering in my v1rr nitro car?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nutzjedd
how about futaba 3050. any input for this servo. it is digital and has 90 oz / 0.16s at 6.0v. can I use this for steering in my v1rr nitro car?
.16 is slightly slow for steering I think. I'd look for something with at least .12 or better. Though this may also be a matter of personal preference. I like my steering as fast as possible; if it has to be slow I'll just turn the wheel on my transmitter slower...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.