Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-One R(. . .) Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho V-One R(. . .) Comparison

I am interested in finding out the differences between various Kyosho products. I know that it has been claimed that parts are "all new" but over the years I have found that often "all new" does not mean "completely incompatible." For example, in the Tamiya TB Evo 4 electric chassis, the suspension was "all new" and you could not mix parts with the previous Evo 3. But it turned out that it was not really hard to completely upgrade a TB Evo 3 to use the whole TB Evo 4 suspension. You just had to buy all the new parts and a small number of spaces to take up some slack.

So the question is, can the earlier Kyosho cars be updated to take parts from the later cars? Where are the problems?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RR Evo was nearly a new car, somewhat from the RR.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default The Truth!! If You Can Handle It

Okay here's how it goes. I've asked this question quite some time ago and now after having bought almost all of them except the RRR, I have the answer.

V One R = V One RR + floating rear mount + oneway + 3D clutch

V One R (Rear end) - topdeck - chassis - gearing = RR Evo

V One R - 2speed = Trinity Reflex NT - 2speed
(V One uses Kyosho 2 speed, Reflex uses Serpent style 2spd)

V One R not equal G4 (Nothing is interchangeable)
(Parts can be adapted from each other but will not function exactly the same)

Clutches - stick to the one made for your model. I've tried interchangine centax from one to another. It is possible and workable, but if you stick to one as originally intended you would be able to give your Dremel a good rest.

So if you have a V One get the Kyosho 3D clutch. You'll be much happy if you did.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hmm. Well, I think you have answered quite a bit, but I am not sure whether I have understood your answer. Let me try an expansion and see if I have understood this:

"V One R = V One RR + floating rear mount + oneway + 3D clutch"

So you are saying that Kyosho removed the floating rear mount , oneway and 3D clutch from the V One R when they developed the V One RR?

Am I correct to say that the front end did not change at all from V One R to V One RR?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

The R was out about a year or two before the RR. They added those parts to the R to create the RR

The front one-way was the only change to the front.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guyz,

I think it should be written as follows:

V One RR = V One R + floating rear mount + oneway + 3D clutch

You just add the floating rear mount, oneway & 3d clutch on your V1 R to have a V1RR specification. . . .
Old 05-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default shopping for new car

Hey guys just a couple of questions:

I am getting ready to do some gas racing again, and I was lookin into the "RRR-WC" version, but I was wondering if the car is "race ready" out of the box????

I previously owned a Prospec MTX3, but with the rumors of the "4" coming out, and no-one knowing a "true" answer to when it's coming out, I was looking to "jump" over to the Kyosho camp and trying something new.....

the WC version looks interesting, but I wanted to hear from the ones who already own one...

1. does it come with a one-way?
2. are there any nessesary upgrade/hop ups that you recommend me buying for strength/performance gains (not "bling/bling")
3. is the wheel/tire geometry "standard" offset, or are they like the MTX3 (2mm offset)
4. how is the "clutch"?? (solid like the Mugen?)

I don't want to right a "book" here, but I just want to hear the facts!!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

To Mr Goppa:
I just read this from one of the guyz in RRR thread. . .
Hope this helps. ..

originally posted by Johwee, Singapore

The V1RRR is a completely new car, only the 2 Speed transmission, steering and shocks are retain, the remaining parts are re-design.

The main difference are as follows;

1) The overall weight of the car with engine, body and tyres is about 1700 out of the box.

2) The car CG is very low, the front arm ia actually level with the lowest part of the chassis.

3) The V1RRR uses EVO Front UJ and FW05R Rear bones

4) The car have 4 point adjustable roll center front and rear

5) The car have a internal drive ratio of 2, therefore all the pulley are different from the EVO. The clutch bell is also different to accomodate the smaller pinon gears - Stock 16/21 0.8 module

In fact the 2nd gear pinon is the same as the first gear in the EVO and FW05R

6) From the picture on the kyosho website, you can also see that the arms, kunckle and rear upright are re-design. Currently the stock kunckle have a 0 on it, which I believe they will hvae optional degree of steering kunckle available in the future.

7) The front one way and rear diff is smaller than the EVO and the rear diff use o-ring to seal the diff just like the FW05R

8) The re-design bumper brace is much stronger

9) The V1RRR come with a slight longer 4D Clutch Spring and uses 33mm diameter flywheel same as the FW05R.

10) The front shock piston have single 1.3mm hole

11) You can access to the the front one-way and rear diff by just remove 4 screws on the bulk head and shocks from the arms.

All I can say the car is totally re-design and is very adjustable. It just make the EVO look out-dated.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Default Upgrading the V One R

Okay guys,

I guess my explanation wasn't exactly mathmatically correct but you a least got the idea.

Just to clarify further. You can update a basic V One R all the way to V One Evo specs. All you have to do is get the conversion kit. Of course if you're converting from an Evo, you will need to get the 3D clutch separately if you want to take advantage of the new gearing. Otherwise if you don't need the floating rear body mount, you would have a very nice converted Evo for the price of the conversion kit. Keep in mind that the conversion kit comes with the carbon top plate and heavy duty chassis which are both upgrades for the standard Evo kit.

In fact even the new RRR has done away with the floating rear mount. So I guess the Kyosho people found it to be ineffective. I also remember a few posts in the past stating that the floating rear mount is usesless on standard TC bodies. However, I use it only when running Lola bodies for outlaw because I would assume it would work like that of 1/8 cars.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

"YR4Dude":

Well thanks for the explanations. Aside from the "math error" it did go far in clarifying the situation. It seems that all the pre "RRR" cars are related and then there is a big jump when you get to the "RRR"?

Still, I wonder if there is still some adaptability left. It was mentioned that:

"2) The car CG is very low, the front arm ia actually level with the lowest part of the chassis."

I expect that this means that the *lower* front arm is level with the lowest part of the chassis. He has forgotten that there is also an upper arm. :-)

Anyway, that does not necessarily mean a whole new arm. It means that the front bulkhead has probably been changed, and the chassis in the area. However, depending on the shape of the original arms, the new arms might be the same as those on previous cars, or at the least usable on previous cars. This is what I am getting at. As I said before "all new" does not necessarily mean "completely incompatible."

Can someone measure the distance between the hinge rods for the front upper arms? That much will tell a lot about whether the front upper arms are similar in length from car to car, and whether the diffs might also be compatible. Actually, we already know that the "RRR" takes the universals from the Evo, so I am starting to think that the front arms might be swappable too.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

YR4Dude wrote:

"V One R - 2speed = Trinity Reflex NT - 2speed"

Regarding Trinity, I have also noticed that the new Trinity "T-Spec" electric touring car suspension looks like Kyosho "V One R" family parts. I do not know if they are the same size as any of the Kyosho cars, but they certainly look it.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

The T-Spec was designed to use existing parts (Reflex=V-One) or over stock. I think that's why the rear end of the T-Spec was crap. It was set-up for a nitro high RC which and electric car does not really need.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Just saw a T-spec the other day. Not only are the arms the same but also the bumper mount as well. This would explain why the T-spec is so cheap because all the parts are readily available, hence minimal tooling cost.

However, keep in mind that the V One is a heavy car. So it is quite durable for nitro duty which is also able to carry the extra weight. However, extra weight is a detriment for an EP chassis. Thats why you don't want an electified nitro car or a nitrofied electric car because it doesn't work well that way.

That being said....

In regards to the arms, I noticed that the arms on the Evo are slightly different than the standard V One but I haven't measured it to check. However, I did noticed that the Evo used the same universals from the V One.

Regarding the diffs the front of the Evo is narrower than the standard so the oneways are not interchangeable. However, lately I do not know where to find a diff that would fit the front because the Evo only came with a oneway as standard equipment.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

YR4, I believe my Evo's front universals are longer than my RR's. As for the Evo front diff, check out the bottom of this parts list. I just ordered all I needed from RC Champs in Japan.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

If you bought an EVO new (or the conversion kit) it came with the front diff case. All you have to do is get the gears and outdives. They also make a front diff conversion kit. #VZ-119

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.