Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Trinity Reflex NT >

Trinity Reflex NT

Trinity Reflex NT

Old 10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drfritz
theres more to the evo than just a laydown servo, they also changed the front geomerty.
I know, basically narrower front bulkheads to allow for longer lower arms, which also needs the new chassis, but the evo conversion kit is to expensive to really feel the difference, and not worth to expend on it on an old car, and at least, with rubber tires you won't need the full conversion...it's OK just with laydown servo..believe me, I've tried both conversions on two customers, and both cars are very competitive on Rubber tires...but one conversion was a lot cheaper than the other one.
I can't tell if on Foam tires one would be better than the other one because we don't race on Foams, but probably the Evo conversion should work better, because that was the main reason for the kit to come out.

AFM
Old 10-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
I know, basically narrower front bulkheads to allow for longer lower arms, which also needs the new chassis, but the evo conversion kit is to expensive to really feel the difference, and not worth to expend on it on an old car, and at least, with rubber tires you won't need the full conversion...it's OK just with laydown servo..believe me, I've tried both conversions on two customers, and both cars are very competitive on Rubber tires...but one conversion was a lot cheaper than the other one.
I can't tell if on Foam tires one would be better than the other one because we don't race on Foams, but probably the Evo conversion should work better, because that was the main reason for the kit to come out.

AFM
That conversion from Ing is about $50 - $60 plus shipping from Korea. Also, it doesn't show where you are to place the receiver nor does it provide something to mount the receiver in the new configuration. I also debated over this about a year ago and found that the Ing conversion just wasn't worthwhile. I then figured I'd be better off making it myself out of a graphite sheet and some old steering posts. However, I then realized that the Kyosho conversion comes with not only the graphite top plate but also a better stronger (Shimo Racing) chassis, and the newer .8 ratio gears (pinions & spurs). Just that alone (not including the new oneway) is worth more than $150. The conversion was selling for about $150 - $170, if you can afford that then it really is worthwhile.

However, if you can't tell the difference between the old and new, why bother changing it? The V One RR have always been a very competitive car as well as the Reflex. On med. sized club tracks, its more than enough car to race with.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

I have a Reflex Nt that I need to get a set of belts for as well as a new middle shaft. I see the list above for places to get parts. I checked and a few of them do have the parts I need. I also found them on Kyosho Americas website shop. Has anyone bought from any of these dealers before? Looks like most of the ones on the above list are overseas.

Just wondering on the shipping time mainly.

Also if anyone has some parts for sale for the Reflex Nt let me know.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355
I have a Reflex Nt that I need to get a set of belts for as well as a new middle shaft. I see the list above for places to get parts. I checked and a few of them do have the parts I need. I also found them on Kyosho Americas website shop. Has anyone bought from any of these dealers before? Looks like most of the ones on the above list are overseas.

Just wondering on the shipping time mainly.

Also if anyone has some parts for sale for the Reflex Nt let me know.
From my experiences, g4 belts were a direct fit, so if you arer unable to find reflex or V1R belts try g4
Old 09-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the Tip hav_lova. G4 parts are just as hard for me to get though. No one here stocks either Kyosho or Team Magic.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

have you tried online? towerhobbies possibly?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, Tower no longer carries kyosho, and from what I can tell does not carry Team Magic either. They do have a few remaining Reflex parts. But nothing I really need.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

try raceday hobby for G4 part, they usually have parts in stock
Radaday Hobby
Old 10-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The online sellers I listed above are all good. Most of them are overseas but they take no more than a week to ship parts. Sometimes they're even quicker. Also, if you dare, there are many available through E-bay.

The Reflex NT although old is still currently being marketed by K-Factory in other parts of the world for almost $300USD. However in the "Mugen MTX4" saturated U.S. its hardly worth $100.

I also have a rolling chassis in fair condition which I don't have time for but if can't get a lousy $150 for it then I would rather leave it in the closet and maybe bring out for bashing someday.

Good luck getting your parts. You shouldn't have any problems. The Reflex NT is still a good car. Have fun.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355
Yes, Tower no longer carries kyosho, and from what I can tell does not carry Team Magic either. They do have a few remaining Reflex parts. But nothing I really need.
your best bet would be kyosho america, ever thing you will need will there except the two speed lay shaft and two speed assy,that is trinty only thing. another thing that will make the car handle on par with the new crop of cars is installing the v one rrr rear hubs and front steering hubs. you might be able to find the lay shft on ebay or try trinty web site. good luck...
Old 10-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You may want to call Trinity directly as well, they probably have parts for the car, just don't have them listed on their dealer sheets...
Old 10-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have a reflex I may sell you. It is missing some parts but 85% of it is there. Send me a pm if interested