Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on value and condition of NTC3 after 25 tanks used

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Advice on value and condition of NTC3 after 25 tanks used

Hello I am new to rc cars and in the process of getting my first one. I have a good reviewed seller for a ntc3 for 200 shipped with 25 tanks of use. What do you think of this deal and how many more tanks before i have to start changing some parts? Any advice would be useful. Thank you rctech community
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

60 views no opinions ?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevzoner2
Hello I am new to rc cars and in the process of getting my first one. I have a good reviewed seller for a ntc3 for 200 shipped with 25 tanks of use. What do you think of this deal and how many more tanks before i have to start changing some parts? Any advice would be useful. Thank you rctech community
Hi

The Nitro TC3 is still easy to get parts for in the US and for that reason have no problems with your choice. It will depend if you are looking at racing seriously or just having a play.

For price is it a the RTR Plus model with standard radio or and motor or a Team kit? Depending on how well the engine has been treated you might need to replace it in the near future and something to keep in mind with your purchase price.

For a used NTC3 I wouldn't want to pay anything more then $200usd depending on what it was and what else might be included.

Hope this helps
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

The Nitro TC3 is still easy to get parts for in the US and for that reason have no problems with your choice. It will depend if you are looking at racing seriously or just having a play.

For price is it a the RTR Plus model with standard radio or and motor or a Team kit? Depending on how well the engine has been treated you might need to replace it in the near future and something to keep in mind with your purchase price.

For a used NTC3 I wouldn't want to pay anything more then $200usd depending on what it was and what else might be included.

Hope this helps
I wouldn't hesitate to run my NTC3 in a club race. I had some extra time last summer and freshened up my car. It ran really well! Like BB pointed out, parts are readily available. Lots of deals out there. Good Luck.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i would recommend you get a mugen seiki mtx4 or a used xray nt1, doesnt need to be 2013. much more current and useful cars to learn on. if you are bashing in a parking lot the ntc3 will work, but if you want to race and grow with the car you buy now, get something other than the ntc3.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It all depends on what motor is in the ntc3, and whether you like to be different than others..... If the motor is a bullet, then take it .... If not then let it go to someone else.....
Old 05-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

As someone who owned a few TC3's, my advice would be to get something else. It can be a quick car, and lots of fun, but they are incredibly fragile (especially the shock towers) and what you'd need to get to upgrade it sufficiently would price it close to what you can buy other cars for. That, and you can typically find a TC3 on Ebay for 100 bucks or less. Yes, there are a ton of parts availible out there....there's a reason for that, lol. IMHO, you want to get something that is more mainstream and takes a hit better...even if you're an experienced driver, accidents happen and money is too hard to come by to buy a TC3 at that price.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

$200. 25 tanks only a half gallon run through it. Normal engines run 3 gallon or more. Up to you. still a good deal.