R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Chunked 10th scale tires (SAVE THEM) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/71854-chunked-10th-scale-tires-save-them.html)

rcfoolz 05-09-2005 07:48 PM

Chunked 10th scale tires (SAVE THEM)

How many do you have? I've started repairing them and came up with a glue that leaves no hard seam where repaired. anybody else doing this? If anybody has any, don't through them away, look into the items wanted.

performula 05-09-2005 07:52 PM

Well share the fun!

nsxshogun 05-12-2005 03:36 AM

What type of glue???

Vince 05-12-2005 05:50 AM

i used to glue them with a thin layer of goop. it would dry up to be hard but forgiving. i use my chunked and repaired tires for practice

teammpp 05-12-2005 08:46 AM

Originally posted by nsxshogun
What type of glue???
Evostick brown glue is the best. Wont part but wears along with the foam.

tranced 05-12-2005 04:11 PM

it might help to let us in on your "secret".. telling this to us then asking us for our chunked tires is a bit selfish

duckman996 05-15-2005 02:19 PM

The best solution that I have found is a good quality contact cement ... it stays flexible and wears well with the foam.

Tire Chunker 05-15-2005 07:15 PM

Shoe Goo!!!!!!!!!! Top notch.

rcfoolz 05-16-2005 02:07 AM

I'm using a mixture of Latex rubber and M.E.K. mostly

Artificial-I 05-16-2005 05:00 AM

I use the trashcan on them, then I proceed to bust out the credit card and I renew them to perfection. :lol: Within seconds. Easiest method so far IMO. :lol: :nod:

Not but seriously. They have an article on this on subject of the rcnitro or rccaraction sites..... I would see what they use.

racinghobbies 05-16-2005 09:17 PM

Originally posted by Artificial-I
I use the trashcan on them, then I proceed to bust out the credit card and I renew them to perfection. :lol: Within seconds. Easiest method so far IMO. :lol: :nod:

Not but seriously. They have an article on this on subject of the rcnitro or rccaraction sites..... I would see what they use.

Ahright when you are ready to breakout the credit card try www.twistertires.com. Sweet Deals.
CA Glue works just fine also.

www.twistertires.com

rcosmax 05-17-2005 07:33 PM

I am a little confused. Are you talking about replacing the chunked section with the chunk from the same tyre found on the track or are you talking about using a piece cut from another tyre and fitted into the missing section?

teammpp 05-18-2005 02:25 AM

Originally posted by rcosmax
I am a little confused. Are you talking about replacing the chunked section with the chunk from the same tyre found on the track or are you talking about using a piece cut from another tyre and fitted into the missing section?
We have done both. They make good practise tires.

rcfoolz 05-23-2005 06:04 AM

they make excellent practice tires and I have used them for club racing too. Also I have been using 1/8th scale tires and soaking them in laquer thinner and they slide off the rim and after they dry, I put them on 10th scale rims. It doesn't take long, and it saves some money for just running around parking lots or breaking in engines or whatever.