Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCRage engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RCRage engines

Does the sleeve of the RCrage engine look okay? It kinda looks polished, but could also be scratched.
Attached Thumbnails RCRage engines-sleeve.jpg  
Old 08-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Also do you think rcrage modified Top TT15 motors are good? Better then JP TX15's?
Old 08-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: RCRage engines

Originally posted by JohnLeMVP
Does the sleeve of the RCrage engine look okay? It kinda looks polished, but could also be scratched.
looks pretty rough too....
Old 08-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

RCrage motors are richey's right?
Old 08-08-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No they are not. Rage was a distributor of my engine tuning package. he has gone off on his own like smeltz. Thats not my work but some areas are similar or copied

certain things identify my designs. the head design on the rtu engine is a richey innovation as are the air straighteners at the bottom of the sleeve I created them. The sleeve in that picture is a spin off an eagle 9 sleeve (richey innovation on the 12's, coincidence? absolutley, I'm sure picco has never seen an eagle before, I must have been going the right direction at the time) however it is different in some ways. It looks actually like a collari 5 port sleeve (in fact I know it is)which ironically came out after my 9 port design but has been reworked some.

Last edited by Motorman; 08-08-2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Long time no talk motorman, haven't spoken to you since I think late Jan,02. How did you finish at Nats. this year? I myself did not finish as well as I wanted to. Not enough motor/gearing to stay up with Baker and the TC3's. I had someone come up and ask if I wanted to buy one of your motors, but he would not open so I could see. Anyway, what are you running now? Were have you been racing?

Got to go for now!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been kind of quiet latley for alot of reasons. I qualified 24 at the nats after the first day, then fell back some before the mains. I needed some jaco tires to get off the 12's and didn't get any till friday night after qualifying was over. I tested friday night and was running a solid 1/2 to second faster with just a tire change. I had high hopes of doing better on saturday and the car looked and felt like I could drive it up at least 3 mains from the D (still not bad considering it went to an M main) However the TC# didn't cooperate and all the maintenance until 3 am the night before went for not as I twisted the front pinion out where the input drive pin interfaces with it in the warm up. I held them off in 2wd for ten minutes and then the car really went away so I parked it.
(such is racing)
I qualified 2nd in the B at the Great lakes Challenge only to not attend the final qualifying session and mains due to projected rain. It was rained out so I finished second in the b based on qualifying.
Came home pulled the MTX 2 off the shelf and started working on it again. I have gearing now to get the job done so I will be running it again.
I'm working on a Gen 5 engine for myself now and it should be the same step ahead of the RTU as the origional RTU was from a stock MT.
I am out of the to the public engine business and want to focus on my own racing program for the end of this year and next. I found it to hard to race my own cars and support those who bought engines from me at the same time while racing especially at the event. It just does not work well at all, I wish to thank all of those who believed in the product and still do,(even RC Rage as he helped me fight some early battles with ROAR and Helped Put The Richey name on the map, even though we went seperate ways for business reasons) I believe we had a significant effect on the TC rules we now have and I really like them. Hopefully in some small way I helped generate some respect for the TC class that did not exist before the power of the RTU package came along. I also hope that in some small way I passed along enough knowlege to make the average racer semi dangerous when it comes to how to extract power from 12 engines. I won't be answering many new engine questions in the future, It just isn't in my best interest at this moment.
Thanks again
Dennis Richey
Richey Performance Motorsport

Last edited by Motorman; 08-08-2002 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey thanx for answering my question. Sorry everyone is ripping off your R&D.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

BTW GL with your racing.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

oh man everybody is coping your work now, get it patented! that's not fair that they copy your stuff