R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Roar?

I would like to add that roar in my view has done little to nothing to promote the hobby as a whole and has taken upon itself, as far as my understanding goes, to make changes to policy without the consent of membership. For instance, what happened to all the commitees that represented all the various classes? Was there a vote to dismantle and do away with them? Was there a vote to have the nationals race commitees to run the nationals?

In an effort to continue the prestige of the national championships, private tracks and clubs must take tremendous efforts to host the nationals, which in my view a race that belongs to the racers. Roar charges what I believe to be an obscene amount of money, depending on the number of entries,in the tens of thousands and gives back a very small percentage to the host track or club which host the event. This is counter the growth of the hobby. Why the high fee, I do not know. However roar representatives are present to oversee the event yet the host track or club must provide addtional assistant personnal to run the event? The revenue generated by the entries was once a source of income to the host track or club to use as they saw fit to sustain their racing programs.

The history of roar, which was created by an extrodiary visionary, author and heart valve engineer George Siposs, was one to develop guidelines for growing and sustaining model car racing. When the organizing body that is supposed to represent the racer and enthusiast takes the lions share of the funds generated from entry fees from the nationals and then essentially leaves the private track owner or club to make up the difference often at the expense of the racers who attend the event, I say that this system must be looked at very closely by all involved.

And why shouldn't the GT or the 1/5 class have a nationals? The argument that adding more entries to the onroad nationals will add to the expense for those already attending does not seem to have much merit when it comes to the offroad nationals which may have 300-400 entries.

As for the insurance side of roar, all tracks and especially racers who particpate at any event that is sold as roar insured event should know, that in the event of an accident and a claim is filed, if ANY ONE participating at this event is not a current roar member or if the club or track has a lapse in coverage while the event is underway, roar insurance coverage is null and void. This means if you cause an accident you may be found liable for any expenses.

Remember racers, ROAR was created for you. ROAR belongs to you. Everyone has a say.

Last edited by Danny A.; 03-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been told next year for sure from Roar for four years plus on the GT8 class. I realize the other classes could care less about these cars, but it WILL help grow the hobby. As far as dates go. Locking in dates without a track is a bit of a stretch. Weather is not the same in many parts and a track that has cold weather won't bid for an early spring or late fall date. I don't want to race in Vegas in July sort of thing. I'm not happy with current or recent past Roar procedure. The racer has little to no say in any of it.
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote