R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/710685-2013-byron-road-world-challenge.html)

Paolo M 03-05-2013 12:22 PM

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

The Byron Fuels World Challenge will be held at Leisure Hours Raceway, Joliet IL on June 21,22,&23.
There will be 1/8, 1/10, and Gt classes. There is plenty of indoor air conditioned pit space with tables, chairs, and electric along with a hobby shop.
If there are any questions about anything concerning this race, please post it here and the organizer will be happy to answer them as soon as possible. Don't forget that this is a contingency race with nice payouts.

See you all in Joliet in June!!!!

automagic302 03-05-2013 04:34 PM

Oh yes this is the race i enjoyed the most last year! i cannot wait to attend in 2013!!! Great facility, perfect track, and a nice area near by to stay. Thanks for the dates!

chaderick 03-05-2013 06:41 PM

I've been waiting for this race to show up on the calendar. I went last year and had a blast until my servo took a sh&$. Look forward to running up there again this year. Last year we had 4 from Texas make the trip. This year I bet we double that amount. See you guys in July!! Thanks Paolo for posting this update.

chaderick 03-05-2013 06:49 PM

Oops

rwang 03-05-2013 07:31 PM

JJ, AI and I will be there again this year! I will be racing the GT class, new car, new engine, hopefully new and better results.(So watch out Howard!) See you all in June.

Rick

MantisWorx 03-05-2013 07:46 PM

Team Merlin will be there!!

azeroth 03-05-2013 09:07 PM

for such a facility to only have 1 nitro onroad event for the year is just wrong IMO.

flyboi33 03-05-2013 11:21 PM

I did not go last year but I will also be attending this year from Texas:nod::tire::nod:

BIGCAT TX 03-06-2013 06:58 AM

I had a great time at this race last year as well! Great track, great facility, great competition, and the event was ran very well by the powers to be!

Thanks for posting up Paolo!

Rick - did you convert the mugen? Get rid of the TeamC? or go with the Cobra? Can't wait to see you & JJ again this year!

Well worth the drive from Texas!

Solara 03-06-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by rwang (Post 11896146)
JJ, AI and I will be there again this year! I will be racing the GT class, new car, new engine, hopefully new and better results.(So watch out Howard!) See you all in June.

Rick

ok.....3 months for me to think about where you should buy me the steak dinner, this time, I will pick the nice one in downtown CHICAGO.

Don't forget the NOVA ROSSI package for me. I don't really need it but I don't mind to use it since I have to beat you.....the 3rd or 4th time. :lol:

So glad it is the END of the month instead of the beginning of the month...I AM IN. :tire:

rwang 03-06-2013 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX (Post 11897575)
I had a great time at this race last year as well! Great track, great facility, great competition, and the event was ran very well by the powers to be!

Thanks for posting up Paolo!

Rick - did you convert the mugen? Get rid of the TeamC? or go with the Cobra? Can't wait to see you & JJ again this year!

Well worth the drive from Texas!

I'll be driving a car that starts with "M" and ends with "T" :)

FastPete 03-06-2013 06:34 PM

This is always a great race. Guess I need to start looking for a Cobra.:nod:

bassman2 03-06-2013 09:34 PM

Looking forward to see my fella Texans again. This will be a great race for sure. See all you fast guys there and hopefully I can keep up this time.

GMartinez 03-07-2013 08:21 PM

Can someone post an airport code & hotel info
thanks in advance

hitcharide1 03-07-2013 11:26 PM

Hm

Originally Posted by azeroth (Post 11896512)
for such a facility to only have 1 nitro onroad event for the year is just wrong IMO.

I have to agree. I still remember the crapstorm over last years Midwest series event, and now apparently Joliet pulled out of it for this year. I hope everyone that attends this race has a good time and enjoys themselves, but I can't see attending a track that isn't supporting the series.