Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge >

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am just gonna wait and see what they come up with.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default airport codes

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Can someone post an airport code & hotel info
thanks in advance
Hey George:
From NY, my best bet was ORD (O'Hare Intnl Airport) about 45 minute drive to Joliet according to Google.

Another one is Midway Airport.

Paulie

ps. If Leisure Hours Raceway Staff are starting a list count me in for 1/8 Open class and 2 pit spots. Thank You.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Driving wins - not the motor.....

Last years event was fine with everyone that showed up with the "off road" motors only.

Regardless even with this rule last year there was zero teching that happened anyway.....so unless you are going to be teching the rules there is no reason to have them.

But I don't think anyone cares what is run.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Even though my flights booked and Ill be there regardless open motor makes the most sense to me. On my on road motor Ill be running a off road head this season ( not to cheat ) but because other gt racers have shared there knowledge with me regarding the benefits to do so. During test and tune this past weekend at my local track I have film of a 5port off road and a 9 port on road doing multiple laps with talented drivers and as stated before neither had a clear advantage. The 9 port rules the straightaway and pulls toward the end right before breaking and entering the turn. The 5 port has a small advantage in the infield and is forced to run a tight line to hold off the corner entry speed once the 9 port spools up. If I had to choose Ill always choose top end and adjust clutch and gearing for the infield. A seven port might be the best of both worlds but its a track specific decision that each racer will make. The fact that some racers will choose not to participate unless its open motor speaks volumes in favor of ROAR declaring open motor for the class. I think the belief that these cars are only entry level for beginners has been dismissed a few years ago and racers of other classes have reluctantly embraced one of the fastest growing classes. I know at my LHS Inferno GT outsell r4 and Evolva combined easily and Serpent Cobras kits move like hotcakes. The basher evolves into the racer by upgrading driving skills ,equipment and commitment. Why would we self impose a limit to any of these especially when its so hard to tech it? Buggy head on 9 port with plastic carb? Just run it open and let it grow. 2 cent

Last edited by pressure; 04-02-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by pressure
Even though my flights booked and Ill be there regardless open motor makes the most sense to me. On my on road motor Ill be running a off road head this season ( not to cheat ) but because other gt racers have shared there knowledge with me regarding the benefits to do so. During test and tune this past weekend at my local track I have film of a 5port off road and a 9 port on road doing multiple laps with talented drivers and as stated before neither had a clear advantage. The 9 port rules the straightaway and pulls toward the end right before breaking and entering the turn. The 5 port has a small advantage in the infield and is forced to run a tight line to hold off the corner entry speed once the 9 port spools up. If I had to choose Ill always choose top end and adjust clutch and gearing for the infield. A seven port might be the best of both worlds but its a track specific decision that each racer will make. The fact that some racers will choose not to participate unless its open motor speaks volumes in favor of ROAR declaring open motor for the class. I think the belief that these cars are only entry level for beginners has been dismissed a few years ago and racers of other classes have reluctantly embraced one of the fastest growing classes. I know at my LHS Inferno GT outsell r4 and Evolva combined easily and Serpent Cobras kits move like hotcakes. The basher evolves into the racer by upgrading driving skills ,equipment and commitment. Why would we self impose a limit to any of these especially when its so hard to tech it? Buggy head on 9 port with plastic carb? Just run it open and let it grow. 2 cent
That pretty much sums it up!! perfect insight!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Well we discussed the engine rule and decided to make it any .28 or smaller engine, onroad or offroad for the GT class. We hope this will increase the turnout for the class, which looks to be pretty big already. This could be a great race for the GT class.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmikel
Well we discussed the engine rule and decided to make it any .28 or smaller engine, onroad or offroad for the GT class. We hope this will increase the turnout for the class, which looks to be pretty big already. This could be a great race for the GT class.
Thank you Mike for the update. That's great.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Excellent!!! Texas will be in attendance!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great news!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So whats the motor rule Mike? It is April.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FastPete
So whats the motor rule Mike? It is April.
post#111
Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
post#111
Wow how did I miss that.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Good call!!!!

Bring it! Run it!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default airport codes

if flighting in Midway is MDW. And O'Hare is ORD. I recommend flying in Midway it's closer !
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Glad to hear the engine ruling. Much better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.