Old 04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Cleaning our cars

Deleted

Last edited by dct147; 12-14-2016 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Old post
Old 04-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Try using the clay made by serpent it gets to certain areas were the brush can't pick up especially the oilly grit
Old 05-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Denatured alcohol in a spray bottle .

Cheap(under $10 a gallon). You can spray everything but take it easy on the electronics. Everything come out looking new when it evaporates. Everybody in my area uses it.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys.

Any brands of this denatured alcohol? i`ll try looking at my RC stores.

Cheers!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

just buy it from your local hardware or grocery store

much cheaper
Old 05-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

I`ve got it guys.

Thanks.

Got it from my nearby pharmacy. it`s the right 1 right? where it`s the solvent used prior to injection?

anyway, i`ve used it.

I`ve noticed that it does makes things look cleaner. but it still has residue on them. will , by applying more of it take all the dirt away totally?

Thanks again guys.

Cheers!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Denature alcohol attached to an engine cleaner air tool w/ cleaning solution vaccum tube.

This basically allows you to suck and blow any substance at high speed. This is amazing if you have a compressor at home or on the track.

I got mine from harbor freight. 9 dollars and its the best investment ever. I sometimes use 50/50 simple green and rubbing alcohol....well who knows what I use. I just pour in some simple green , sometimes add a little water then pour in some rubbing alcohol.

Shake it a bit and your ready to rock.

Here is a thread on it.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207339

I usually soak the vehicle. With a blast of a higher liquid to air solution. Then I almost shut the valve on the solution. And blow a fine fine misty air. When it hits the vehicle it just kinda keeps that one area its blasting wet.

This is perfect for anything....even electronics I blast. I have even used this on electrics of every kind.

Its amazing and the great thing its non-toxic in every way. You can get a face full of this you can breath this and nothing will come of it.

While denatured alcohol and I used just a little , its pretty strong. With a high powered air tool blowing air...its best to stick with this mixture. But you can try whatever else. Just be careful. I fully tested this method before releasing the article.

I have had no problems what so ever. Except the air can blow things off...and sometimes the air is so strong it can rip of some ESC coatings from the LRP blue ESC's. But those are weird and flaky anyways.

Thats about it. Otherwise you can stick to buying 5 dollars cans everytime you want to clean your rc and it still doesnt work as good as the air tool / compressor method.

Even air tool air by itself is pretty effective. But my method by far beats anyone at the track with just air. Mine fully removes everything , pulls off grease from nitro fuel , sticky bearings , sand embedded in places and bearing crevices you could never get out. Locked in oil. Nitro blast cant get it cause it doesnt blow hard enough.

Air tool alone cant get it , cause theres nothing to help remove the trapped containements.

Also the simple green / rubbing alcohol solution is amazing for your tires. Gets in there and just removes any dust or left over debris and your left with brand new fresh tires.

I could go on and on and on about it. But its basically the perfect RC cleaning setup. Its like I said non-toxic to you and the world. And its also very very cheap compared to buying 5 dollar cans all the time.

Simple green can be found in mass quantity for cheap at sams and other places. Grocery stores sell big bottles of alcohol for 1.50. Air tool is only 9. Then if you have a compressor your set. If not you can find cheap ones at wal mart for $60 dollars.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 12-14-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Artificial-I. that was really in detail. so was the link.

it`s a very good solution.

Well, i can`t exactly get access to wall mart. i`m in singapore.

But i`m sure i can get the air compressor anywhere. i`m just unclear about your engine cleaning solvent. are those solvents specially made for rcs? also, the alcohol u use, are they like, thinners?

Thanks for your very detailed help again.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Simple Green is a product you can buy. You should be able to get this anywhere or order it online.

Not sure of its availability in sg.

The Alcohol I was talking about is. Technically called isopropyl alcohol and the street name is rubbing alcohol. Basically its what youll find at a food store.

You can use this on your skin. That kind of alcohol.

You mix the two together....the term is just solution. Its nothing special though. Just a mixture of the two combined products.

Yeah as for the air compressor. You can find these anywhere. The tool you can order it im sure from any automotive site. Its simple an engine cleaner with vaccum solution tube.

You saw the picture so you can also use that as a guide.

Ill try posting more pictures of the setup and maybe a video of the process.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

that`ll be wonderful.

Many thanks for your detailed help.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

The isopropyl alcohol is sold here in most chemists/supermarkets etc under the brand name - Isocol....this may help u find a bit easier....its also darn good for cleaning disc brakes
Cheers
Old 05-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks AndyT.

Will check that out.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you can get the cleaning putty (serpent or mugen) I would do that,its very simple way of cleaning your car.The way I do it is wipe the stuff off the pipe then use a small paint brush to clean the rest of the car then the cleaning putty.It takes the oils off and it gets into the hard to reach places.The same container has lasted me over one year.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks fasteddie d

I`ll get the putty as well.

All u guys have been a great help.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

for the engine/pipe, I all the old airplane guys use antifreeze, I am just not sure how they use it. Boil it, brush it on, spray it down, ??? anyone know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.