Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Spektrum system mods >

Spektrum system mods

Spektrum system mods

Old 10-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Default Spektrum system mods

Sorry guys for starting a new thread but i could'nt find the old one on this issue.

I see that there is a mod to the spektrum system where you solder a capacitor to the servo lead o stop the glitching.

I was told that you need to solder it in parallel to the + and - leads of the servo and the capacitor is 4700 micro farad. can somebody confirm this

Also you need to attache the power lead through a Y cable attahced to the steering servo

Cheers
Old 10-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Sorry guys for starting a new thread but i could'nt find the old one on this issue.

I see that there is a mod to the spektrum system where you solder a capacitor to the servo lead o stop the glitching.

I was told that you need to solder it in parallel to the + and - leads of the servo and the capacitor is 4700 micro farad. can somebody confirm this

Also you need to attache the power lead through a Y cable attahced to the steering servo

Cheers
i found mostly the glitch come from the failure of TX module. I would suggest you to first disassemle the Tx module checking the antenna, due to the unskillful co-worker from the assenmbly line (they are assemble in taiwan). the wire out from the antenna to connect the main board inside is easily broken when the first time the user revolving the antenna. when you disassemble the tx module, you will notice the issue.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, this is the first time I've seen someone experience the same exact issue with their TX module.

I own an EX10 w/ spektrum. I guess this first gen modules have this problem...

My issue was with the antennae on the module. If you keep moving the antennae around, it will disconnect from the board. Open the module, and you'll see the antennae line connect directly to the board. In my case, if I move the antennae around, at some point it will disconnect from the board. My fix, was to open up the TX module, put the antennae back on the board, close the module up, and place some electrical tape around the black plastic antennae to prevent it from moving around a lot. Ever since I did this, I haven't experienced the glitching problem, and man, was I having some serious problems.

What would happen to me, is if I was more than 30 ft away from my MTX3 prospec, I would lose frequency!!!! IN ADDITION TO THE GLITCHING PROBLEMS I was experiencing as well. It frustrated the heck outta me, that I was going to sell the whole radio, as I thought it was the radio's problem, not the spektrum system.

Open up the module and make sure the antennae is still connected on the module's board. If it is, then your glitching problems is probably receiver related, not module related. Good luck.

To the previous poster...are there any other links that show TX module problems? I'd like to read up on those...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

on a side note; Telemetry systems were announced today (for the spektrum). Don't know the shipping date yet.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

I had the same problem, my antenna in the module became disconnected. Now my problem was/is, that there are actually two recepticles for the antenna on the board. Which one is correct.

Also, my other problem is, that the plastic antenna became so loose that it won't stay upright anymore. Had to put some silicone between the gray housing and the black antenna.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stefan

You have exactly the same problem I was experiencing. I'll try to help you on both...

First problem: I believe the antennae should be connected to the receptacle that's somewhat closest to the antennae hole. What I did, was connect the antennae to one receptacle, and see which one would make the antennae come off easier if I turned the black antennae cover around. One of the receptacles gives the antennae more play, so I used that. Ever since I fixed this problem, I haven't had any loss of frequency or glitches.

Second problem: I used some electrical tape to wrap around the base of the black plastic antennae cover. Works fine. It holds it in one place.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Stefan

You have exactly the same problem I was experiencing. I'll try to help you on both...

First problem: I believe the antennae should be connected to the receptacle that's somewhat closest to the antennae hole. What I did, was connect the antennae to one receptacle, and see which one would make the antennae come off easier if I turned the black antennae cover around. One of the receptacles gives the antennae more play, so I used that. Ever since I fixed this problem, I haven't had any loss of frequency or glitches.

Second problem: I used some electrical tape to wrap around the base of the black plastic antennae cover. Works fine. It holds it in one place.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

hi stefan,
und was bedeutet das in deutsch??
dieter
Old 10-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hallo Dieter,

ich, und scheinbar auch andere hatten das Problem, dass das Antennenkabel im Sendermodul aus seiner Steckverbindung gesprungen war. Offensichtlich wurden sie beim Zusammenbau nicht richtig aufgesteckt und sind beim verdrehen der kurzen Stabantenne abgesprungen. Es gibt 2 "Steckdosen" im Modul, die obere davon ist die richtige.

Ausserdem hat die Stabantenne bei mir sehr schnell sehr viel Spiel entwickelt, so dass sie nicht mehr senkrecht stehen blieb sondern sich vomEigengewicht verdrehte.
Ich habe ein klein wenig Silicon zwischen Antenne und gehaeuse gegeben und nun haelt's wieder.

Snowboardgeek hat hier Isolierband empfohlen.

For all others, this is just a translation, trust me
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Cheers
zig zig,

the part number from spektrum is spm-1600.
I will send you one when stocks arrive.

see you msn !!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Roger Roger.

Has it got the installation instructions?

Cheers
Old 10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by prawntoe
zig zig,

the part number from spektrum is spm-1600.
I will send you one when stocks arrive.

see you msn !!
I thought the spm-1600 is for ensuring Rx voltage never drops the minimum operating level? This is for those racing with 4 cells 1-12 EP cars.

Ziggy wnated to know what needs to be done to prevent glitching right? Or does the spm-1600 do both?

Errrmm .. could you send me one too via Ziggy?
Thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Roger Roger.

Has it got the installation instructions?

Cheers
If its the spm-1600, all you do is plug it in a spare slot in the Rx mate.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Ok.

Thats sounds like a better idea than soldering it on the lead. If Spektrum are selling them then it must be a Must Have upgrade

Cheers
Old 10-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Ok.

Thats sounds like a better idea than soldering it on the lead. If Spektrum are selling them then it must be a Must Have upgrade

Cheers
You only need to spm-1600 if you race those little 1/12 4-cell thingy Ziggy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.