Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 American Touring Car Nitro Championships June 21-23

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you currently have any GT drivers over there? California seems weak on that class . I'll spread the word over here for you. We only have 13 so far for the Airtronics race.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is going to be a great time! Lets get everybody we know and bring them out for a fun weekend of racing and the fair. Anybody who has raced at Speedworld or knows Speedworlds reputation knows that Billy runs a great race program and keeps the facility nice and well equipted for his racers.
Lets burn some fuel and shred some tires!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Do you currently have any GT drivers over there? California seems weak on that class . I'll spread the word over here for you. We only have 13 so far for the Airtronics race.
We only have 3 guys now, I am hoping that alot of you guys can come. Thank Billy
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, we just got off the phone with Jeremy from rcinsider.com. Jeremy called and said that they will be present at this event to cover this exciting race. Thank you Jeremy and rcinder.com

Thank you Billy
Attached Thumbnails 2013 American Touring Car Nitro Championships June 21-23-rcinsider.png  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

We will have 2 cameras set up for rclive to cover this event on line.

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-28-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

I'm in Boss.....first time to race outside LA....
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Vacation approved for sat and sun....yahooooooo!!!!! Seee you in June....
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
Vacation approved for sat and sun....yahooooooo!!!!! Seee you in June....
thanks my brother, this bullring of a track is going to check your tatataalent, LOL. the lanes are 12 to 15 feet wide, can you handle that, LMAO..there not 22 feet wide like your parking lot track, LOL.
I did notice that u have been winning..........I hope to see u in 2 weeks.

The flier is on measage 18
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s10dude
everyone that can should come , this race will be amazing during the Fair . The track is great and well cared for , there is a snack bar and covered pit's . track has air / covered tire truing station and sink / wash station for you and your car bodie's . Even the driver stand is covered for shade...don't miss out .....you'll regret it ! and YES this Race is at the Speedworld Facility which is at the Fair grounds .
Thanks Mark (SpeedWorld Fabman) , sinced you mentioned all that, I need to talk to you about other work at SWR. You really sounded to me that you needed to build something at the track anyways, LOL. See you this weekend?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YLLIB
thanks my brother, this bullring of a track is going to check your tatataalent, LOL. the lanes are 12 to 15 feet wide, can you handle that, LMAO..there not 22 feet wide like your parking lot track, LOL.
I did notice that u have been winning..........I hope to see u in 2 weeks.

The flier is on measage 18
Our lanes are 16 feet at our race track not 22....
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bmain57
Our lanes are 16 feet at our race track not 22....
bmain are you coming to our race, I come to yours, lol. you better remeasure, you have never been good at measuring....
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I would like to take this opportunity to explain the race date of the America’s Touring Car Championships that I have planned on the same date of the Byron’s race at Leisure Hours. I am not one that wants to create any drama or have anyone upset at me so please understand this.

First I would like to say I wish I could have planned our race on different date besides June 21-23. This date and the race that I am promoting were all thought of when the fairgrounds had given me approval to be allowed to race during the fair. I am promoting this race early to be successful for you racers and to be a yearly race event. I am hoping to see racers that have not been to SpeedWorld or racers that do not go to the Byron’s race show up to participate. I am not trying in any way to take any Byron’s racers from Leisure Hours during the same date planned.

Out of respect to Byron’s and Leisure Hours I deeply apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but out of respect I would like to explain myself so there is no hard feelings about SpeedWorld or at me. If I had my choice, I would be coming to support the Byron’s and Leisure Hours Race to have fun with my friends. I feel that putting my racing aside and having a chance to promote a race is always good for the hobby and a great opportunity for SpeedWorld and a chance for new racers to come to our race facility that I built for this reason.

SpeedWorld facility is on the Place County Fairgrounds, In 14 years the fairgrounds has generally not allowed us to race during the fair do to parking issues inside my area that they need to use. This year they given us the approval to race and I thought it would be a great opportunity for SpeedWorld a small town community to receive exposure to promote this hobby.
I can always change my date next year if needed so there are no conflicts with the Byron’s race. I will not be asking for a fuel sponsors for our event. I do not want to put my fuel sponsor or any fuel sponsor in any conflicts with any other fuel companies sponsored race, this is all out of respect to Byron’s.

I am hoping to receive entries at any time and I will post updated information whenever I receive it or asked. I hope to see a lot of new faces and hope this race will be successful with drivers coming from all over the USA.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

SpeedWorld Raceway would like to welcome KO PROPO America to our Americann Touring Car Championships sponsor list.

Thank you Robert and KO PROPO Company.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 American Touring Car Nitro Championships June 21-23-ko_america.jpeg  

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-28-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Good luck to Billy for this event. It seems like a great opportunity to promote racing in an area where the hobby/sport is needing a little push. I know it stinks with the date conflict, but one has to take advantage of the fact that many thousands of people will be exposed to the RC racing and that is good for everyone in RC. Billy is a great guy and is doing what is best for RC as a whole and especially in his area, where he has been promoting the hobby for many years.

Good luck Billy and hope the event goes great. I am sure the event will go off without a hitch and it is great that the fair grounds have included you in the fair to get all the exposure possible. I hope the people that can support Billy!!

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Thank you D.J. for your kind words and always your suppoprt at SpeedWorld and me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.