R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2013 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio Aug 21-25th (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/706528-2013-great-lakes-challenge-toledo-ohio-aug-21-25th.html)

Vector03cobra 02-19-2013 05:19 PM

2013 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio Aug 21-25th

1 Attachment(s)
Event Sponsors: Nova Rossi, Serpent, Starting Grid, Byron Fuel, KO PROPO, X-Ray, Hudy, Tornado Fuel,
Capricorn, Murnan Modified, Kosmic Fuel, Shepherd USA, EDAM, Matrix, Kevco-Picco Racing, Mugen, BC/RC

Practice on 8/21&22
Racing on 8/23 thru 8/25.The traditional Great Lakes Challenge (aka GLC) will be held at the normal Woodville Mall track on the weekend of August 21-25.

This year we are opening up entries to multiple classes. If you want to sign up for multiple classes you can now do it at the same time. You will get a $10 off discount on the second or third class. We have in years past held the second class entries till after the pre-registration deadline. Not this year!

Pit spaces will only be reserved as one pit space per class entry, NO EXCUSES! (There will not be any extra spots reserved for your pit bags)

If you would like to be added to the list of sponsors for this years GLC you can contact Ted Hammer ([email protected]) or myself ([email protected]).

Look forward to seeing all those that can make it out in Toledo for the 2013 GLC.

If there is anything you would like to know just ask.
If anything changes you will be able to find info here about it.

GLC form Posted, a link will follow to download it from our site
For now it can be downloaded from here.

You will be able to find it in the first post of this thread and on our site
Entry form can be found on web site, also here on RC tech
http://toledooneeighthracers.com/
You can enter using paypal on the site direct.
Please dont forget if you need a Pit space or extra T shirts

More Info on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-E...o/301028098277

We have a block of 20 rooms for the GLC at the Sleep Inn & Suites near Meijers for the Great Lakes Challenge and they are under the name Great Lakes Challenge. From August 20th thru August 25 at $69 for 2 queens per night

Sleep Inn & Suites
1761 Meijer Circle
Oregon, OH 43616
(419) 697-7800

Holiday Inn Express
3154 Navarre Ave
Oregon, OH
(419) 691-8800

1/10th Sedan
Ralph Burch
Joaquin De Soto jr
Paolo Morganti
DJ Apolaro
Ted Hammer
Stephen Lazarus
Scott Fischer
Nick Altier
Derek Toth
Brad Toffermire
Dorian Tisdale
Jon Strausbaugh
Greg Tong
Thomas Nicholson
Shih-Hang Lee
Tory Skyers
George Mcdonald
Micheal O'Connor

1/8th 4WD Masters
Skip Starkey
Mike Richey
Ken King
Ted Rogers
Bill McLean
Stephen Lazarus
O.V. Ophgim
Louis Przybyla
Don Jones
David Lee
Rick Davis
Marvin Davis
Dennis Young
Arturo Carbonell
Kevin Hutchinson

1/8th 4WD Open
Paolo Morganti
Jeff Zuccarell
Joaquin De Soto jr
DJ Apolaro
Kenny Ives
Matthew Taylor
David Greer
Ted Hammer
David Boyles
Phil Craing
Terry Rott
Paulie Becattini
Gianfranco Becattini
Don Jones
Ron Gustin
Greg Tong
Phil Trotta
Michael O'Conner
Doug Filo

1/8th 4wd GT The Rules for this are updated.
You can now use any 1/8th motor if you like,
Many people asked to Open this up to follow
the rest of the country Please if you have any
questions ask them here

1/8th 4WD GT
Joaguin De Soto
Tom Boyles
Scott McNish
Mike Lyday
Aja Archibold

1/8th 2wd Pan

Dave Strausbaugh
Gene Greer
Joe Tuttle
Phis Cring
Lon Burling Sr.
Noah Bellville
Lon Burling III
David Toth

Form Below

GLC Entries

hitcharide1 02-19-2013 09:44 PM

Hey

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra (Post 11836955)

The traditional Great Lakes Challenge (aka GLC) will be held at the normal Woodville Mall track on the weekend of August 21-25.

Entry form Will be posted on web site (I will also provide a link here to entery form)

This year we are opening up entries to multiple classes. If you want to sign up for multiple classes you can now do it at the same time. You will get a $10 off discount on the second or third class. We have in years past held the second class entries till after the pre-registration deadline. Not this year!

Pit spaces will only be reserved as one pit space per class entry, NO EXCUSES! (There will not be any extra spots reserved for your pit bags)

If you would like to be added to the list of sponsors for this years GLC you can contact Ted Hammer ([email protected]) or myself (Jeff.Zuccarell@@gmail.com).

Look forward to seeing all those that can make it out in Toledo for the 2013 GLC.

If there is anything you would like to know just ask.
If anything changes you will be able to find info here about it.

As with last year, Tom, Dave, and I will be a sponsor....EDAM and BC/RC Racing Products. We'll be donating a 1/8th scale EDAM Razor2 kit towards the raffle, just like last year, as well as other odds and ends. It's a great race, my favorite of the year...if there is anything we can provide to help continue its success, just ask!

1/8 oldschool 02-20-2013 06:56 PM

I am planning on attending this years event,could a list of nearby motels be posted.

scary_jerry 02-21-2013 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by hitcharide1 (Post 11838084)
As with last year, Tom, Dave, and I will be a sponsor....EDAM and BC/RC Racing Products. We'll be donating a 1/8th scale EDAM Razor2 kit towards the raffle, just like last year, as well as other odds and ends. It's a great race, my favorite of the year...if there is anything we can provide to help continue its success, just ask!

Does 'anything else' mean you could consider making 'sweat towels' available as well as T-shirts???? I just had a 'flashback' to my trip to Cedar Point about that time of year.........:cool:........:sneaky:

EDAM car as raffle item........hmmmmmm.....:D

mcsquish 02-21-2013 06:32 AM

Jerry, I don't think you will need a 'sweat towel' at the race. There is usually a 'gentle’ breeze at the track that time of year… But a cool idea!
I know I want to be there, I just have to talk with my "racing manager"

hitcharide1 02-21-2013 12:25 PM

Hm.

Originally Posted by scary_jerry (Post 11843319)
Does 'anything else' mean you could consider making 'sweat towels' available as well as T-shirts???? I just had a 'flashback' to my trip to Cedar Point about that time of year.........:cool:........:sneaky:

EDAM car as raffle item........hmmmmmm.....:D

Pit towels...that's not a bad idea. I'll get a price on 150 of them and see what Hammer and the guys want on one, that might be doable. By the way, anyone from the club leadership reading this, give me ideas what you'd want on the pit towel, logo, name, what.....if the price isn't unreasonable I'll get 'em and we can hand them out as door prizes.

bucatl 02-22-2013 10:00 AM

I can't wait for this race. It is one of my favorite. The club always put on a great event.
Shawn B. from Atlanta.
Also, Ted you must run 10 scale this year.

Racer Z 02-25-2013 09:00 PM

Time to get it in!!

Time to get ready for this race again this year!! Can't wait!!

jeff whiting 02-26-2013 08:15 PM

Whiting's

We will be there too.

Jeff

YLLIB 02-28-2013 01:47 PM

Love this race, Tracy and I will be there......

bluer322 03-07-2013 05:26 AM

Is this the correct airport to fly in to, (DTW) Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

Taylorm 03-07-2013 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by bluer322 (Post 11901660)
Is this the correct airport to fly in to, (DTW) Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

Or Toledo.........

mcsquish 03-07-2013 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by bluer322 (Post 11901660)

The Detroit Airport (DTW) is ~50 min away, good sized airport. Toledo Express Airport (TOL) is ~30 min away, small airport, great to fly into/out of, but usually more $$$; but not always. When I fly for work I try to go out of Toledo, but usually end up using Detroit.

nrtv20 03-08-2013 07:52 AM

Last year’s race was the best ran race I've ever been too! I'm looking forward to attending this years as well!

tonylunatic 03-08-2013 02:58 PM

Don't recall seeing it.. Can you post classes racing and rules, Thx