Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26 >

2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26

2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26

Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
If I run open, I will try to hit that mark. The last couple of times racing there, I had a bunch of 11 lap runs and I think that I had a couple of 12 lap runs (at least one for sure). And that was with the wrong diff oils in my car!! I think I have that issue resolved and should be ready to keep up with you guys when I get there in May. I am definitely running the Spec class for sure and still on the fence for electric GT.

Let me ask, what kind of lap times/number of laps are the electric GT turning on the track in a qualifier on average? What kind of diff oils are some of you using in your electric GT cars (front/middle/rear)? If I bring mine, I want to be somewhere in the ballpark and tweak it from there.
I use 400K up front and 40K rear. If you run diff in the middle use 400K. I don't know what the others use. Well I was runnig the wrong car but did run some 12 laps and did 11/5.00 with front wheel drive only (damn locktite didn't work). So doing 13 as well is not out of the question. I bet in this race we can see more racers get into the 14 laps.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
I use 400K up front and 40K rear. If you run diff in the middle use 400K. I don't know what the others use. Well I was runnig the wrong car but did run some 12 laps and did 11/5.00 with front wheel drive only (damn locktite didn't work). So doing 13 as well is not out of the question. I bet in this race we can see more racers get into the 14 laps.
Thanks for the helpful/useful information jneg. Got one more question for you, "Will my 2050Kv motor be enough to keep up with the group?" I will get to work on my diffs and try to have the car ready in case I do decide to bring it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Thanks for the helpful/useful information jneg. Got one more question for you, "Will my 2050Kv motor be enough to keep up with the group?" I will get to work on my diffs and try to have the car ready in case I do decide to bring it.
As long as the rules are not published your question will have to wait for an answer.

If 6s will be allowed it should be ok. With 4s only you will be at the low side.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

jneg,

These were the rules established for electric GT last year (from the Ipanema website):

GT Electric Open:

1. Chassis: Any 325mm to 360mm wheel base Shaft-Driven buggy/truggy off-road GT chassis and GT conversion is permitted.

2. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

3. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives orrubber enhancment chemicals are not permitted.

4. Batteries: Any type of commercially available Hard-Case units are permitted. Batteries must be removed from chassis to be charged or peaked in a "charging bags" for racer/track safety.

Just need some clarification on the battery rule as far as what are the limit(s) of what can be used.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What kind of tires are you guys using?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

jlock most here use those KV in their motors. Mine is a 2250KV. The rules for open electric will be almost the same and here are the rules:

GT Electric Open:

1. Chassis: Any 325mm to 360mm wheel base Shaft-Driven buggy/truggy off-road GT chassis and GT conversion is permitted.

2. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

3. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are not permitted.

4. Batteries: Any type of commercially available Hard-Case 4S units are permitted. Batteries must be removed from chassis to be charged or peaked in a "charging bags" for racer/track safety.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
What kind of tires are you guys using?
We allow any rubber tires that are available, some here use Ipanema, Alpha, Sweep, etc. All are welcomed.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

jlock most here use those KV in their motors. Mine is a 2250KV. The rules for open electric will be almost the same and here are the rules:

GT Electric Open:

3. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are not permitted.

4. Batteries: Any type of commercially available Hard-Case 4S units are permitted. Batteries must be removed from chassis to be charged or peaked in a "charging bags" for racer/track safety.
Why the 4S limit? 6S is actually more effcient and should result in less stress on the speedo/motor.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

What is the desiered duration of the heats in qaualification and finals for the brushless cars ?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

GT Electric Open:

jneg,

Thanks for the clarification/update of the electric GT rules. Just need to get another 4S pack and redo the diffs on my car and I will be good to go.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, when the nitro rules are going to be published?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

72 days and counting.....................
Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the link to the Ipanema GT World Championships webpage:

http://www.gtworldchampionships.com/Pages/default.aspx

Here is a link to the rules for all the classes for the upcoming race in May:

http://www.gtworldchampionships.com/...12GTRules.aspx
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Just to clarify the 'Spec Class Engine Rule' for me , is that supposed to mean .....the 'Werks B2 and the OS...' are THE only engines for that class????

Thanks..
Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Here is the link to the Ipanema GT World Championships webpage:

http://www.gtworldchampionships.com/Pages/default.aspx

Here is a link to the rules for all the classes for the upcoming race in May:

http://www.gtworldchampionships.com/...12GTRules.aspx
Thanks JLock for the link, I've had many problems with internet connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.