Wiki Posts
Search

Premounted holeshots

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
DLF
Tech Adept

Default Premounted holeshots

Proline seems to have discountinued with holeshot premount 1/8th scale tires. Anyone know of any official word as to why they have done this?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLF
Proline seems to have discountinued with holeshot premount 1/8th scale tires. Anyone know of any official word as to why they have done this?

Thanks.
Well nothing endures forever in the rc world. Maybe they are just starting to phase out a few of their products. Or they might just not be selling well enough to justify having premounted ones.

Those are my personal thoughts about it.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
DLF
Tech Adept

I hear what you're saying, but they aren't phasing out their other premounts as far as I can tell. And as far as I know, Holeshots are still pretty widely used. Although I must admit I may be wrong about that.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLF
I hear what you're saying, but they aren't phasing out their other premounts as far as I can tell. And as far as I know, Holeshots are still pretty widely used. Although I must admit I may be wrong about that.
They might be coming out with a new tire, something that is very similar to a holeshot, that might explain why only those are going away. The holeshot tread has been around for what, 4 or 5 years now? You are right, holeshots are still a very popular tire to run.