R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   any one got a OB4 set up for foams. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/7040-any-one-got-ob4-set-up-foams.html)

Chico 08-05-2002 11:49 AM

any one got a OB4 set up for foams.

Hi, I have a OB4 pro, with the belt route like a mugen. I need a setup for smooth ashphalt that is treeted with soda. We run foam tires. I need complete setup, shock oil, shock pistons, shock mounting holes on towers, tires you use.
Any help would be great.

Thanks

If you have a setup sheet that you could email me that would be better yet. Or if you have one you could fax me, that would be cool to.

email [email protected]

OB42TC3 08-05-2002 07:30 PM

This is the setup I used for the pre-worlds last year-
Front:
Associated blue springs
2 degrees camber
1 mm sway bar
0 degree toe-in
inner most holes on servo saver
4 mm ride height
3 mm up travel
60 weight oil
HPI #5 piston
outer upper hole on upper shock tower
outer hole on lower arm
One-way diff OR 50K front diff :one way gives good pull out of corners

Rear:
Ofna blue (Associated Gold)
2 degrees camber and the lower inner camber link spot
1 mm sway bar
4 mm ride height
1.5 mm-2 mm up travel
60 wt oil (Trinity)
HPI # 4 piston
Upper Middle hole
middle hole on arm
50K diff oil
3 mm roll-center plate (in kit take u-shaped things and cut in three pieces to stick under rear bulkhead-you'll have to cut the boss off the bulhead or brace I forget which)

HPI stratus body
RB x12 engine & pipe
16/20 clutch
44/40 spurs
single disc brake

Get yourself a flat board and some setup blocks. Make sure the chassis isn't bent (mine was). Mark the shock collars with a marker or something so you can tell how many times you've turned them. Uncrew them until the springs aren't loaded. set the car on the blocks and check axle height, get the two rears to match then the fronts, not necesarily front to back though. Set car down adjust collars until you get ride height you need-use some kind of gauge- check so that left to right is the same. Adjust axle height to control up travel (very important).I meant to put in numbers for the sway bars. I ditched the stock ones and made my own form piano wire from the hobby shop. I just used the closest thing.

OB42TC3 08-05-2002 07:42 PM

Oh yeah, you can use any asphalt (grp style) foams. I ran elligi 40s in the rear and Micro Systems extrahard up front. Also ran well with Elligi 42 fronts, and I know now that the Protoform Stratus is WAY better than the HPI (more downforce front and rear).

Chico 08-06-2002 11:01 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try that setup. For the swaybar you said use 1mm swaybar is that the swaybar that comes stock with the car, the blade type sway bar.

Thanks Chico.:)

OB42TC3 08-06-2002 06:31 PM

Yes. Piano wire is a little more durable though.

Motorman 08-08-2002 07:38 PM

Chico
OB knows that car very well :)

Chico 08-12-2002 06:20 PM

OB42TC3 thanks for the setup on the car, it worked great. This setup was perfect for my track, car worked great it was just as good as any car out there.

Thanks again.:) :)