One mean DM-1 1/7, anything I'm missing in my plans?
So, my plan is simple. Build one mean ass DM-1, simple weight reduction is my first step. I will not be racing this car, it's being built for cornering and speed, just a cool basher. It doesnt have to go 100mph, but needs to be in the 60-70mph range, get there quick and stop quick, and looking good while doing it. This is the nitro version.
Step One: Weight reduction
1. Ceramic bearing kit from Acer
2. All CNC parts such as front/rear shock holders, Front/rear CNC braces
3. So far I have about $200 in titanium screws
4. JLR aluminum clutch/flywheel kit
5. Thankfully, my skills will allow me to built any flat carbon fiber pieces. I have 9 yards of red/black 3K Carbon Fiber/Kevlar twill material that I'm going to build the chassis, radio tray, front plate, servo saver connecting plate, and any other flat part I can find on the car. Should look pretty sick.
6. LiPo battery pack, hopefully lighter than 4 AA's.
Suspension Mods are Step Two, Power mods are Step Three, and anodizing/cosmetic mods is Step Four.
Is there any significant weight factors I am missing?
Last edited by GregUnd; 02-10-2013 at 06:16 PM.