Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!

Hi I am new to this forum, I really hope some one could help me, I bought this vintage serpent 1/8 from a friend. I have done some research but cant figure it out. I want to know what model serpent it is and what other model parts will work on this one . The car is really clean and complete.Has rear differential , has alluminum top brace by the tranny. can some one plz help me out. I really want get this car running. thanks a lot .
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!-imag0937.jpg   Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!-imag0942.jpg   Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!-imag0948.jpg   Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!-imag0947.jpg   Vintage Serpent 1/8 Help!!-imag0950.jpg  

Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Lord

It is a Sprint 6000 series, I think one the 1st models with a long chassis regarding the red colored shocks (later models were yellow)
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default SWEET RIDE

Originally Posted by itoelmejor
Hi I am new to this forum, I really hope some one could help me, I bought this vintage serpent 1/8 from a friend. I have done some research but cant figure it out. I want to know what model serpent it is and what other model parts will work on this one . The car is really clean and complete.Has rear differential , has alluminum top brace by the tranny. can some one plz help me out. I really want get this car running. thanks a lot .
that is a sweet vintage serpent 6020 very nice..
Old 02-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

This is not the 6020 with short belt, but the 6000 year 1988. You can use any parts of bracket of the impact 1:10.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Agree with Roelof, Before the Vector. Serpent were basicaly 1/8th scale from the beginning; Impact came in the '90's Then the Impulse followed the Impact. Impulse was the same chassis as the Impact. Differance b/n Impulse were the geared diff's compared the the Spool diff rear and one-way frt diff.