R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Stop and GO or Fairplay or Keep going (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/699666-stop-go-fairplay-keep-going.html)

speed6 01-28-2013 02:31 AM

Stop and GO or Fairplay or Keep going

Check this crash at 6:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0GL...ature=youtu.be

As a race director what type of action would have been taken for such a crash, stop and go and to whom?, fair play (wait for the car that spinned out)?

Thanks guys

bcebwecb 01-28-2013 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by speed6 (Post 11738446)

As a race director what type of action would have been taken for such a crash, stop and go and to whom?, fair play (wait for the car that spinned out)?

Thanks guys

In all fairness it does seem like the car with the yellow wing opens up for the car with the red wing to pass, but then cuts back in on the outside, causing the crash. The red-winged car DOES have the inside... At our club we really wouldn't do stop and goes, but if you really had to I would give it to the car with the yellow wing.

asc6000 01-28-2013 07:10 AM

In the just completed Reedy Race there was one occasion almost exactly like that when one world champ took out another.
Even the best drivers in the most well prepared cars cannot keep them in perfect control at all times.
The door was open, incidental contact, no penalty.

X4 01-28-2013 07:25 AM

Nice track....

djiewie 01-28-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by speed6 (Post 11738446)

Thanks guys

Good vid to get the the "itch' going again. Cant`wait to hit the track again.
About the overtaking, its a clean pass with some contact. The overtaking car was faster and he was clearly taking caution before with some positioning to pass. He was already next to the passed car when they touched. So just keep going.

romain_f 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by djiewie (Post 11739677)
About the overtaking, its a clean pass with some contact. The overtaking car was faster and he was clearly taking caution before with some positioning to pass. He was already next to the passed car when they touched. So just keep going.

I agree, espacially if the fastest car was overlaping!
The job of the race director would be to worn the slower car that was about to get overlapped!

djiewie 01-28-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by romain_f (Post 11739733)
The job of the race director would be to worn the slower car that was about to get overlapped!

you got the racers view;)
+1 that what he should do

nitrodude 01-28-2013 11:11 AM

The driver that made the pass had the inside corner, the driver being passed should have given room. BUT, we have to remember that seeing it from this perspective is easy to say should have done this or that, when driving we never know what the other driver is going to. I usually will back off, but sometimes I decide to fight. Its probably better to back off and then try to re-pass, you loose more time when you spin than when you back off. IMO just a racing incident, let it go...

azeroth 01-28-2013 11:21 AM

IMO that was a clean pass with contact it is not like he got punted in the middle of a hairpin or run over on corner entry and just as easy had the opposite end result or both could of spun

speed6 01-28-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by romain_f (Post 11739733)

No overlapping its the 2nd and 3rd driver during a champion ship race.

hitcharide1 01-28-2013 03:57 PM

Meh

I file that one under "stuff happens." I doubt it was intentional and when you have very small cars that go extremely fast, accidents occur. I'd wait till I saw something that looked very deliberate before I took any action.

djiewie 01-29-2013 12:58 PM

in general its when overtaking on a straight line the overtaking car has to leave room for the front car on the race line. Side ways touching is usally not intentionally. When defending the line the front car has the turn and no T-bonening will be regarded as sportive. But if one overshoots the turn then the inside car has the race line and the overshooting car has to give room and not force the way through the inside " overtaking' car but try to gain ground on the wide line. no waving is allowed to try to hold off others. if you t-bone, also if un intentional,:D:sneaky: wait on the side, out off traffic and get rewarded with respect and silent approval from the real racers.

hpikillr 01-29-2013 01:55 PM

The car that took a flip was at fault.. he drove into the other cars lane.. That's racing..

Perez 02-02-2013 07:25 AM

I think the right thing to do is be a sport and wait then pass cleanly.

asc6000 02-02-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by azeroth (Post 11740107)
IMO that was a clean pass with contact

That is an OXYMORON and plain wrong. A clean pass is a clean pass, that one was sloppy and the passee got the boot he deserved for turning in on the passer too late.

Originally Posted by bcebwecb (Post 11738974)
In all fairness it does seem like the car with the yellow wing opens up for the car with the red wing to pass, but then cuts back in on the outside, causing the crash. The red-winged car DOES have the inside... At our club we really wouldn't do stop and goes, but if you really had to I would give it to the car with the yellow wing.

this guy pegged it in the first reply