R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-01-2002, 04:14 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Gammalube

I'm kind of new to nitro cars and I need some advise on fuel. Has anyone here used a fuel call Gammalube before? How is it compared to other brands? Thanks!!
Durianlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Never even heard of it. I use PowerMaster and O'Donnell.
BallPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

I and some club pilots used Gamma lube 25% for serpent veteq/Evo 4 and also Kyosho/JP. Tuning is good and fast and more oil in gamma lube stops rust in engine. But we change fuel now because our dealer from Germany stops importing gammalube from US because it is very expensive- 386.312 sek for 3.785L ! its crazy ! I use pink power fuel now which is also very good and less expensive to buy.
frankzettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

eversince I dropped a rb concept 5 port on a mugen mtx2, its been on gammalube 16%nitro. During breaking, this baby fired up after afew crank, it idled through the entire running in process, everything went on fine, there was lots of smoke so I did nothing to the tuning that came from the factory. This motor would even start at a single bump without a need for cooling down after a long spin at full racing pace.That has never happened to my previous motor that was running on a fuel of another make. Despite of my worst fear to face rust, I tore the motor apart and found to my disbelief, it look like new except it appeared rather black on the top of the piston though. By co incidence, this is my first Rb motor which makes me want to stay on the hobby after some bad rusting and tuning experience which I have had with other motors. I was told by kartz hobby supplies where I get hobby stuff from that they will not stock up gammalube fuel for the time been. I followed by a call to gammalube factory after I found the no. on their website and I was told again that, they are working on a new distributor and nothing has been finalized yet ?? Can someone tell me where or how can I purchase Tornado or RB concept fuel or Novarossi fuel ?
howardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

I have been using gammalube for both my 3port and 5 port RB.
everything is super new even after 3 gallon. its expensive but so are all good stuff.
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote