Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Nitro Drag Racing

Anybody out there doing this. I'm interested but can't seem to find much info. There must be some interest since Byron's makes a drag racing specific fuel.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its really died down since the IMDRA went poof. Most companys like Grand Motorsports, Walbern, Area 51 and others also are not in business anymore. Only compnanys making drag specific cars I know of are DRC. There is still races here and there, I know NC has a big race every year but I've not been there since 2008. Too hard for me to find parts for my dragster. Check out RB mods as he lives for building great drag motors and might be able to find some class rules, locations and ect.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Really looking for advice on the fastest drag car. I want to do a 1/8 GT car with a truggy motor and tall gearing and/or a 1/8 GP car with a modified .21 like a Mito 7 or 9. Any advice? What is the common distance? Did I read 120' or 240' somewhere?
Old 04-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

I'm no nitro man.But I drag race all summer and fall by me in south eastern Michigan. at belle isle and a trucking transport facility in wayne. I run HPI DM1 and HPI GTPV2 on 6 cell.132 feet and 600..had a few nitro guys show up a few times but when the electric left them at the tree they stopped..
Old 04-23-2018, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fastest Drag cars are electric no doubt. There are a few chassis makers that are still around (DRC, Rudis Motorsports) and there is still a big following. The new trend is no prep, these are electric SCT conversions, check it out in FB it's called NPRC. But it sounds to me that you want a grudge style racer. 1/8 GP and 1/8 GT are commonly used for grude but keep in mind most are electric but there are some nitros.

If your'e into nitro then go for it. The Mito 7 or 9 are plenty fast. And yes the track should be 132ft long.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

My area is all no prep and im running a nitro car. you can find sanctioned races bit they're few and far in between. Its more fun building anything you can imagine/afford and run it.
the guy above me said it best. Check fb bc there's tons of teams that just travel asks challenge each other. Some do top ten.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

drag racing is the best
Old 06-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Lynwood R/C Dragway This track is in the So. Chicago suburbs. Good bunch there!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone does this in the so cal area?