Search
Like Tree14Likes

Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Claude V D
i think this is a better format:

if you mean.. what you need to do before starting the day.. checking your settings are right and adjusting as you go on the controller.. when after practice days and race days especially stripping down the engine down.. and using afterrun oil.. or oil from automatic gear box.. the red stuff, fresh.. as has been mentioned in other threads.. to prevent rust on the crank shaft and bearings..

oil the one way bearing in the 2 speed transmission from time to time.. and the thrust bearing on the clutch as well.. before each race or practice day.. and more often on race day.. check it..
Old 10-05-2015, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thordspeed
if you mean.. what you need to do before starting the day.. checking your settings are right and adjusting as you go on the controller.. when after practice days and race days especially stripping down the engine down.. and using afterrun oil.. or oil from automatic gear box.. the red stuff, fresh.. as has been mentioned in other threads.. to prevent rust on the crank shaft and bearings..

oil the one way bearing in the 2 speed transmission from time to time.. and the thrust bearing on the clutch as well.. before each race or practice day.. and more often on race day.. check it..
Just to add make sure you use proper one way bearing oil for the one way bearing. Any oil just won't do. Use proper thrust bearing black grease on the clutch thrust bearing as well as high temperature bearing lube on the clutch bearings. It is important to use the right greases and oils for the particular application.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Just to add make sure you use proper one way bearing oil for the one way bearing. Any oil just won't do. Use proper thrust bearing black grease on the clutch thrust bearing as well as high temperature bearing lube on the clutch bearings. It is important to use the right greases and oils for the particular application.
agreed 100% , it was what i was told.. as well on sunday.. i have some nice grease for just that.. so ill give all a look over and apply.. other than that ill grab some oil this week when im at my serpent dealer.. picking up some belts and anything else..
Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thordspeed

The black grease, one way oil en afterrun is something I already use.

Are all the belts replaceable with the MRX-5 rubber belts or are you guys using other brands to?
Old 10-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

The black grease, one way oil en afterrun is something I already use.

Are all the belts replaceable with the MRX-5 rubber belts or are you guys using other brands to?
Personally I don't have an issue with the stock serpent belts. It is important to regularly clean the pulleys regardless of the brand of belt you are using.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

In know (now).

Nobody's thats doing something with the belts (treat with certain products?)
Old 10-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

In know (now).

Nobody's thats doing something with the belts (treat with certain products?)
im not sure what you mean Claude , you asking if anyone is useing something to treat the belts... , other wise as said.. you can clean the belts with pressure gun that is used at many race tracks.. when not racing.. so..
Old 10-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Some people soak belts in WD40 for 24hrs but that's mainly to soften them up. I do that on my electric TC but I never bother on my gas cars. Stock belts and pullys are fine. Just keep em clean if you are running on a dirty track.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ive seen drivers clean the belts with an exacto knife, the belts pick dirt like the pulleys.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanx

A good cleaning after every race day will make a lot off difference.
The pressure gun isn't sufficient for cleaning the pulley, you have to take it off and cleaned properly.
Makes aluminum pulley's a difference in maintenance ?
Old 10-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i clean the belts and pulleys with a toothbrush and spray silicone
Old 10-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello friends, how many degrees of turn you go in your car?
In the tool Hudy set up, it comes marked up to 30 degrees, but maybe the car works better with fewer degrees...
Thanks.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

With maximum trow (without bounding the steering servo) you can use dual steering to subtract steering angle to both directions at the same time. You can adjust this to make the car turn more or less. Look at the settings on you're radio.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Claude, I know it but I would like to know it is the maximum allowed turn in order that the car works correctly. In the serpent setup a lot of information appears, but it does not indicate this information. In my opinion it is very important because if we fit an excessive turn, the car will not behave correctly, for this motive I would like to know where the limit is in order that the car turns the maximum thing without managing to be harmful... In other scales the maximum draft adjusts to 20-22 degrees, but in this scale it seems to me to be very small.
Thanks.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Read this tread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-z...dual-rate.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.