Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugentom702
Did someone recognize that the fuel Tank is too small? Is there any possibility to blow it up?
Just good enough fuel cap. and run time.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

hey all and Gday from sydney , im looking for some advice on set ups for a medium size technical track , what oil weights for F/R shocks and for diffs as i recall any quality grease ie HUDY or other.. what camber and droop amount etc ... and clutch adjustment amount.. ie spring tension.. its been years since ive done on road after the Neo attack mx2 235mm class faded , any good help is appreciated
Old 09-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thordspeed
hey all and Gday from sydney , im looking for some advice on set ups for a medium size technical track , what oil weights for F/R shocks and for diffs as i recall any quality grease ie HUDY or other.. what camber and droop amount etc ... and clutch adjustment amount.. ie spring tension.. its been years since ive done on road after the Neo attack mx2 235mm class faded , any good help is appreciated
The default oil viscosity is good enough, front and rear using 600cst if using standard Purple and Pink spring, rear 700cst for Red spring.

I'm decrease the wheelbase to shortest, the f. track width 252mm, r. width 264mm. These are most important for technical track.

You can fine tuning with the bottom weight moving forward for more steering.

Optional tuning advice, try the kingpin incline if above tunings are not satisfy.

Last but not least, adjust the clutch properly before imply any chassis setting.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Beebone appreciate the advice and effort

Originally Posted by beebone
The default oil viscosity is good enough, front and rear using 600cst if using standard Purple and Pink spring, rear 700cst for Red spring.

I'm decrease the wheelbase to shortest, the f. track width 252mm, r. width 264mm. These are most important for technical track.

Optional tuning advice, try the kingpin incline if above tunings are not satisfy.

Last but not least, adjust the clutch properly before imply any chassis setting.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Forward chassis weight removes steering.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beebone

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Forward chassis weight removes steering.
Aiden beat me to it, for steering put the weight all the way back and use it to tune steering out by moving it forward a bit at a time
Old 09-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Aiden beat me to it, for steering put the weight all the way back and use it to tune steering out by moving it forward a bit at a time
okie doke noted
Old 09-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

just got home after picking up some paint mask and fuel line.. and tested the servos to see if any needed replacing and suprise.. the steering servo was fried while other is ok, what servos are most common in use for 1/8th on road as off road uses upto 20kg high torque and 10-15kg throttle... and i dont think a savox SC-1251MG is right... although its cheap.. it clearly states 1/10th use.. so whats a good low profile servo for 50-160AUD not too expensive would be great.. 80 - 100..

what is suggested for 1/8th on road application...
Old 09-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

So I finished building of EVO last night (and 4 refurbished engines :O). And I never got around to ask this so I will ask.
The brake bushing cylinder (black), part # 903561, has always seemed a tad bit too big to fit in the rear bearing block(977, viper and evo all alike). I wasn't bothered too much and just ground the hole in the block a bit. How did you guys do it?
And what servo arms do you guys use with which servo? The steering servo assembly has always been a pain to me in 977. This one same. How do you guys get around to avoid the arm touching fuel tank? The horns that come with the kit don't work with regular size Savox. Do you find the same with other brand servos? Low profile servos should work with the stock horns I guess. I just used Serpent aluminum arm I had. The new one they sell now should work perfectly but what I have has the dent for flat head screw on the servo side so I did a bit of modification. (I guess new one has the dent to the opposite side though it's not shown in the picture).
I just figured that instead of trying bunch of different horns and servos combo, I'd ask.

Overall building was smooth and uneventful. Plastics fit better than Viper. Arms move freely when built w/o doing any further job. Still some ball link ends are tight but most were free. 2 speed gears and pinions have been updated. So they not interchangeable with Viper anymore. The little round plastics that go on battery holder don't seem necessary and better w/o it. Evo seems to have better clearance between side belt and battery than previous kits. I like the way they revisited the rear fuel tank holder but it gets in the way of Nova carb but it's no big deal. Just tilt the carb a bit more than Viper. Can't wait to lay it on track soon.

Last edited by snuvet75; 09-05-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

just got home after picking up some paint mask and fuel line.. and tested the servos to see if any needed replacing and suprise.. the steering servo was fried while other is ok, what servos are most common in use for 1/8th on road as off road uses upto 20kg high torque and 10-15kg throttle... and i dont think a savox SC-1251MG is right... although its cheap.. it clearly states 1/10th use.. so whats a good low profile servo for 50-160AUD not too expensive would be great.. 80 - 100..

what is suggested for 1/8th on road application...
We use the same servo for both steering and throttle.

Sanwa ERS-962 (budget) or SRG-BZX (brushless)

Both work great.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by desotoracing
We use the same servo for both steering and throttle.

Sanwa ERS-962 (budget) or SRG-BZX (brushless)

Both work great.
ok kool thanks!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by snuvet75
So I finished building of EVO last night (and 4 refurbished engines :O). And I never got around to ask this so I will ask.
The brake bushing cylinder (black), part # 903561, has always seemed a tad bit too big to fit in the rear bearing block(977, viper and evo all alike). I wasn't bothered too much and just ground the hole in the block a bit. How did you guys do it?
And what servo arms do you guys use with which servo? The steering servo assembly has always been a pain to me in 977. This one same. How do you guys get around to avoid the arm touching fuel tank? The horns that come with the kit don't work with regular size Savox. Do you find the same with other brand servos? Low profile servos should work with the stock horns I guess. I just used Serpent aluminum arm I had. The new one they sell now should work perfectly but what I have has the dent for flat head screw on the servo side so I did a bit of modification. (I guess new one has the dent to the opposite side though it's not shown in the picture).
I just figured that instead of trying bunch of different horns and servos combo, I'd ask.

Overall building was smooth and uneventful. Plastics fit better than Viper. Arms move freely when built w/o doing any further job. Still some ball link ends are tight but most were free. 2 speed gears and pinions have been updated. So they not interchangeable with Viper anymore. The little round plastics that go on battery holder don't seem necessary and better w/o it. Evo seems to have better clearance between side belt and battery than previous kits. I like the way they revisited the rear fuel tank holder but it gets in the way of Nova carb but it's no big deal. Just tilt the carb a bit more than Viper. Can't wait to lay it on track soon.
Hi,

I had the same problem with the Savox servo's. I can send you a picture how i salved it. I have experience no problem with my solution/setup.
I used the Savox servo because i heard very nice comments with this setup. Only the installation is a bitch...
Old 09-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

is it just with standard size savox servo that its hard to install for steering? still looking to get new servo(s) ... until cash arrives..
Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm using the Savox SC1267MG (gas)) and SA1258TG (steering)
Old 09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

is it just with standard size savox servo that its hard to install for steering? still looking to get new servo(s) ... until cash arrives..
I didn't actually try the low profile in the car but the black servo cover in low profile is lower than that in regular size servo. So I think you will have more clearance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.