R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #751
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,549
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Hi and welcome to what is the F1 of model car racing!!

The 977 Viper WC edition has all the good hop ups already in the kit and so there is nothing you really need to buy extra apart from the obvious spring sets etc. Spares wise is again the norm with pulleys, belts, arms and 2sp gears being key items to keep in the pit box. Start with the kit setup and go kick some RX8 butt lol.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #752
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InARush View Post
Thanks in advance. Can't wait to kick my friend with his rx8 butt!!
You mean Tekin RX8?, then you need to go for the 977e.
If you mean Xray, I can understand why you ask for upgrades.....
But really you don't need them.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #753
Tech Adept
 
InARush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
You mean Tekin RX8?, then you need to go for the 977e.
If you mean Xray, I can understand why you ask for upgrades.....
But really you don't need them.
Meant my friend has a X-ray rx8. Going nitro with the 977
__________________
Keep up or keepoff I'm in a rush!!
InARush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #754
Tech Adept
 
InARush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Hi and welcome to what is the F1 of model car racing!!

The 977 Viper WC edition has all the good hop ups already in the kit and so there is nothing you really need to buy extra apart from the obvious spring sets etc. Spares wise is again the norm with pulleys, belts, arms and 2sp gears being key items to keep in the pit box. Start with the kit setup and go kick some RX8 butt lol.
Thanks for the info appreciate it.
__________________
Keep up or keepoff I'm in a rush!!
InARush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #755
Tech Adept
 
InARush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Do I need a rear exhaust engine or side exhaust?
__________________
Keep up or keepoff I'm in a rush!!
InARush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #756
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InARush View Post
Meant my friend has a X-ray rx8. Going nitro with the 977
I know.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #757
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Does the 977WC come with additional parts on top of the standard 977 or does it come with the new parts instead of the standard 977 parts?

I want to buy some spares, but if the kit already comes with extra parts, I won't bother buying them.

I'm referring to these new parts:
__________________
...............
lagcisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #758
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canberra
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
Does the 977WC come with additional parts on top of the standard 977 or does it come with the new parts instead of the standard 977 parts?

I want to buy some spares, but if the kit already comes with extra parts, I won't bother buying them.

I'm referring to these new parts:
The pictured parts will be used in the build...There will be no spares other than normal.
__________________
Serpent 977
jtrmx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #759
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,549
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InARush View Post
Do I need a rear exhaust engine or side exhaust?
Rear
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #760
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I noticed the manual shows that the steering servo arm should be at a slight angle towards the front of the car, wouldn't this cause steering geometry to unbalanced speed/torque between right and left?

Everything is at 90 degrees except the steering servo arm.. I've seen other cars that had slight angles on the steering servo arms but that angle would match the angle the arm connected to, which on the 977, doesn't seem to be the case. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? just adjust my epas, subtrim and be done with it?
__________________
...............
lagcisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #761
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
I noticed the manual shows that the steering servo arm should be at a slight angle towards the front of the car, wouldn't this cause steering geometry to unbalanced speed/torque between right and left?

Everything is at 90 degrees except the steering servo arm.. I've seen other cars that had slight angles on the steering servo arms but that angle would match the angle the arm connected to, which on the 977, doesn't seem to be the case. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? just adjust my epas, subtrim and be done with it?
The designer has all of that information on his CAD file, he can see how the car goes together before any parts are made. If its that way its because the designer designed it that way. Thruts me, its right... Besides, the radio has servo trim, so it doesn't matter that the arm is at a slight angle, you just use the trim on the radio to set the steering straight.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #762
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,549
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

It's more simple than that!! The servo horn is not 90 degrees to the servo but it is 90 degrees to the servo saver arm. It's as designed and as far as I know the same on all similar designs on the market.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #763
Tech Regular
 
2CARTEAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.O.C. Cali
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
Does the 977WC come with additional parts on top of the standard 977 or does it come with the new parts instead of the standard 977 parts?

I want to buy some spares, but if the kit already comes with extra parts, I won't bother buying them.

I'm referring to these new parts:
Lagciso

At GLARCRC your going to want to get a set of the standard front &rear upper and lower arms. The WC comes with the hard arms and they don't work at GlARCRC. You will also need some different springs and a soft front bar and a hard rear bar.P>M me and I give give you a parts list to get you going.
If you need help come see us at the track. Ask for Christian or Alex and we will help you. Enjoy the build and will see you at the track.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn, Tesla, Ko Propo, Ulti tires.
2CARTEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #764
Tech Apprentice
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default Starter box

Anybody use this starter box if not which one do you use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A2HUFQYBB8LM3
__________________
On road and offroad man I love racing
emancipation007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #765
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emancipation007 View Post
Anybody use this starter box if not which one do you use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A2HUFQYBB8LM3
Only two starter boxes worth a damn, Mugen and Hudy, nothing else comes close/
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 FLORIDA WINTERNATS DATES jrice Nitro On-Road 288 10-02-2013 12:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net