Search
Like Tree14Likes

Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giant655
What do you want the car to do? The more droop you add the more grip (in the rear at least, never have to play with front droop too much) said end will have
I'm just interested in what others are running on what type of track.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

1front 9rear
Old 10-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

adjust your ride height with the springs and adjust the droop afterwards to have the springs snug when lifting the car.
never mind the numbers.

have fun
Old 10-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran 3 mm front and 4 mm rear with great results today. Improved stability when heavy braking (most of my braking). Now to start fiddling with the measurements to see how things are effected.

On a general note, the 977wc is so well set up from box, I've just make a couple of changes and I'm considerably faster than the RX8. The serpent clutch helps

Last edited by jtrmx250; 10-04-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I very rarely measure droop, I'll usually set by feel on any given meet, it's often an on the day tweak you do like shock position etc, things you alter to track condition at the time your running, I still ignore if the shocks unload or not, thats always a debate in itself.

While I'm here, I caught a bump, some air, and shattered a body shell on my Viper on the weekend (no other dammage, go figure), whats a good strong club racing body that suits the Serpent?
Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I very rarely measure droop, I'll usually set by feel on any given meet, it's often an on the day tweak you do like shock position etc, things you alter to track condition at the time your running, I still ignore if the shocks unload or not, thats always a debate in itself.

While I'm here, I caught a bump, some air, and shattered a body shell on my Viper on the weekend (no other dammage, go figure), whats a good strong club racing body that suits the Serpent?
Check out my profile page and look at my 977 album. I ran that body and have it still (sold the car) if you want it. Condition is great. Never crashed.Drove the car 3 times with it, then decided to sell chassis. PM me if interested.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop

Any of the protoform 'regular' weight bodies will be fine. I like the PFR18 but they are all good in their own right - each body has a different aero characteristic and so you need to choose the one thatll give you what you want. If you goto protoforms website they describe the characteristics of each one.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Toe in adjustment - rear

Hi - would someone mind either describing or showing a picture of where to adjust the rear toe in? I can't figure out which link adjusts. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jaxflats
Hi - would someone mind either describing or showing a picture of where to adjust the rear toe in? I can't figure out which link adjusts. Thanks in advance for any help.
Adjust rear toe with the pivot balls in the lower arm (go through the outside of the hub carrier with a 2.5mm wrench) , the upper link is used to adjust rear camber , note: after adjusting toe you need to recheck camber , it will change slightly.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaxflats
You screw in or out the front or rear lower ball joins that link the rear arms to the hubs.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys!!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Rookie

I use the rear ball to adjust the rear width and the toe with the front
Old 10-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

So I went to run for the first time, a used xray nt1 I bought off a member here. First experience with nitro racing and now i know i want to get into 8th scale.

So the WC is what I want.

Which engine do you guys recommend and which spares should I buy?

I'll be racing at GLARCRC, a parking lot track in LA.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagcisco
So I went to run for the first time, a used xray nt1 I bought off a member here. First experience with nitro racing and now i know i want to get into 8th scale.

So the WC is what I want.

Which engine do you guys recommend and which spares should I buy?

I'll be racing at GLARCRC, a parking lot track in LA.
The Novarossi ISON is a great engine on a budget and seems very popular in the class. If money is no object then the Novarossi Virtus is incredible especially if you let Muriah murnan work on it!!

Spares wise just the norm really. A set of wishbones, hub carriers, clutch shoes, all 3 belts and pulleys. Thats it really!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

What's up folks. I coming to you fresh from off-road and looking to get into my first on road 1/8 scale and the serpent 977 wc has caught my attention. Just figured I'll drop in and get some questions answered. To begin with besides kit are they any recommended hop ups needed for the build? What spares should I typically keep handy? Are standard size high voltage servos recommended or are lipo rx batteries not used? Plus if there is any addition useful info you think I should know please fill me in. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to kick my friend with his rx8 butt!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.