Serpent 977 Viper

You're on Page 29 of 86
Go to
  • Ive heard that it gives more forward bite out of the corners
  • How much torque for steering?
    Hey guys,

I'm developing my 977 Viper and was wondering how much torque I would need for the steering? I'm considering around 250oz @ .07 sec's on the throttle/brakes. All input would be greatly appreciated.
  • Quote: Hey guys,

I'm developing my 977 Viper and was wondering how much torque I would need for the steering? I'm considering around 250oz @ .07 sec's on the throttle/brakes. All input would be greatly appreciated.
    We use the KO 'Power' servo for steering & throttle. Plenty of power and speed. You can use it as a guide.
  • Quote: Hey guys,

Hi there. I use Sanwa ERS-962 servo on the steering and ERS-961 on the throttle. Work really well.
  • Quote: Hi there. I use Sanwa ERS-962 servo on the steering and ERS-961 on the throttle. Work really well.
    Thanks, any recommendations on a good life battery? I'm unsure which one would fit
  • Quote: Thanks, any recommendations on a good life battery? I'm unsure which one would fit
    Xceed 105001 fits nicely
  • Quote: Thanks, any recommendations on a good life battery? I'm unsure which one would fit
    http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...x175mm-p-25443

I'm running them already for 3 years now (previous years ofcourse in my 966),
    But don't do wet races with them!, they don't like that!
    Use normal NiMh cells for wet races.
  • weight of 977
    anyone weigh thier car yet? What did they weigh?
  • Hey guys, I have a Serpent 977 for sale if anyone is interested. I ran a few practice laps at my local asphalt track but never raced it. I can sell it loaded ready to race or just the roller. The engine is the RB Products CXR .21 9-Port Competition On Road Engine. Spektrum 6040 servos. I have extra tires also. Pm me if interested. Pictures on demand.
  • Quote: anyone weigh thier car yet? What did they weigh?
    Race ready with, PF P909 pro-light body, without 38grams weight, small Xceed Pro-light tyres, Xceed ZX21-DS6 / 2069 engine/pipe, 2x Futaba S9452 servo's, my car weights 2380Grams.
  • Quote: Race ready with, PF P909 pro-light body, without 38grams weight, small Xceed Pro-light tyres, Xceed ZX21-DS6 / 2069 engine/pipe, 2x Futaba S9452 servo's, my car weights 2380Grams.
    Thanks......Im at 2464 with titanium pillow balls and a lot of titanium screws. Lite weight body (not pro lite probably 20g there) I did use the aluminum radio tray support in the rear. Using hi voltage specktrum servos they must be heavy. Time to hit the cnc.
  • my servos are 62 g each and those futaba servos are 50g so there is 24g
  • 2464 is perfect, or not?
    Are you that much of a Pro, that you can really feel the difference?
    I'm even 35 grams to heavy with my 12th scale car, but it still wins races!

Oh, I also use the IP LiFe receiver battery.
  • Quote: 2464 is perfect, or not?
    Are you that much of a Pro, that you can really feel the difference?
    I'm even 35 grams to heavy with my 12th scale car, but it still wins races!

Oh, I also use the IP LiFe receiver battery.
    some of the races I attend it is common to be 200g light and have big fuel tanks. And yes you can feel the difference. Why do you use pro light body. Because its 2 tenths a lap quicker. I would rather be able to put the weight where I want it when running at legal teched races.
  • I would like to be as close to 2450 with the 38g weight as possible.