R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #166
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default serpent blog

The Serpent Viper production is in full swing.

Car-kits will ship just before the weekend, worldwide, so at your LHS in next 2 weeks, or less, depending on location.

We are sorry for the delays, but we want to ship the Serpent Viper 977 in top-condition.



The 1st car-kit kit 00001 fresh from the production department has been build in last hours here n the Netherlands, is error-free and went together super nicely.



We will keep our resellers informed about the delivery time as well as we can. We know the season, especially in Europe and USA as well , is getting started and you are all anxious to build and race, also with the free Easter weekend coming up.



Team Serpent
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #167
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

That was copied from the Serpent blog
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #168
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Michael Salven's car with some photo editing..

click on the photo for more:

John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #169
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Can I use the bodies of the 966 in the 977 viper? Are the holes the same distance?
Valerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #170
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerio View Post
Can I use the bodies of the 966 in the 977 viper? Are the holes the same distance?
The holes are different, but with a little modification, you can still use bodies from the 966.....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #171
Tech Adept
 
PNT2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 162
Default

i have built a serpnt car since the 950
PNT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #172
Tech Adept
 
PNT2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 162
Default

correction..i have not built a serpent car since the 950
PNT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #173
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 92
Default

hi there guys,just started building last night,run into one problem,as per the manual,trying to run 2.5mm bottom and 2.0mm top on the front uprights.with 4 shims on the inside of the upright and .5mm offset ,i cant get this setting the drive shafts bind,not a biggie but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else,ill just go wider in the front.
cheers Burty.
burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #174
Tech Master
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Will there be an E version of this car?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #175
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burty View Post
hi there guys,just started building last night,run into one problem,as per the manual,trying to run 2.5mm bottom and 2.0mm top on the front uprights.with 4 shims on the inside of the upright and .5mm offset ,i cant get this setting the drive shafts bind,not a biggie but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else,ill just go wider in the front.
cheers Burty.
with wheels on the car, how small is the trackwidth then?
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #176
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 92
Default

hi there m7h,its all good now,i just had a panic attack i think,track width with wheels on was to narrow anyway,with the manual settings for the front hubs it ends up at 248mm.I should of checked with wheels on before I posted
cheers Burty.
burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #177
Tech Adept
 
bcebwecb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 100
Default

Finally got the opportunity to run the car this last weekend at the Airtronics GP at GLARCRC. My dad and I did some testing with the flex system and we got some results. You can actually take the aluminum post that connects the radio tray to the front deck that holds the Ackermann to the car out and put a small bearing with a shim on top of it screwed down by the same screw in place of the regular flex system. This gives the car more flex and through our testing it makes the car twitchier and it gives it more steering. However we stuck with the original flex system with the screws tied all the way down which made the car planted in the rear but took away from the initial and mid-corner steering. It is food for thought and is also something to try. The car was amazing and we're still trying to find a good setup so it will only get faster.
__________________
Brandon Cho
_______________________________________________________________________________

Team ARC USA - Hobby Authority Distribution - TiTAN BLITZ - ActivRC
bcebwecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #178
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcebwecb View Post
Finally got the opportunity to run the car this last weekend at the Airtronics GP at GLARCRC. My dad and I did some testing with the flex system and we got some results. You can actually take the aluminum post that connects the radio tray to the front deck that holds the Ackermann to the car out and put a small bearing with a shim on top of it screwed down by the same screw in place of the regular flex system. This gives the car more flex and through our testing it makes the car twitchier and it gives it more steering. However we stuck with the original flex system with the screws tied all the way down which made the car planted in the rear but took away from the initial and mid-corner steering. It is food for thought and is also something to try. The car was amazing and we're still trying to find a good setup so it will only get faster.
Can you post your setup here?
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #179
Tech Adept
 
bcebwecb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougday View Post
Can you post your setup here?

We based our setup off of Morganti's "Homestead FSS" setup which can be found here: http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

We are still working on a setup and will post it as soon as we feel it is a fast, solid setup. Remember the ROAR Nationals will be hosted in September at GLARCRC!
__________________
Brandon Cho
_______________________________________________________________________________

Team ARC USA - Hobby Authority Distribution - TiTAN BLITZ - ActivRC
bcebwecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #180
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Serpent Viper 977 in stock and shipping out to costumers today!!!
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 FLORIDA WINTERNATS DATES jrice Nitro On-Road 288 10-02-2013 12:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net