2013 AIRTRONICS GRAND PRIX MARCH 22-24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AIRTRONICS GRAND PRIX MARCH 22-24

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to thank everyone who came to the 2013 Airtronic Grand Prix, the weekend was a lot of fun seeing faces i have not seen in a while and faces I see everyday. Craig Kaplan at Airtronics, thank you for allowing GLARCC to host your company's race and trusting me to promote it. Tony and Michael Palazolla, Chris Verano, Jason Garcia, Danny Alvarado, Jerry Rapp, Mike Braun, Ryan Nimori, Henry C, Mike Swauger and Glenn Williams; thank you all for your involvement in the race. The superman award for the weekend goes to Brad Rasmussen for his handy computer work on Friday ( the computer glitch issue ) thank you for figuring out what was wrong and getting us back on track.

All the out of towner's and first timers to a GLARRC race thank you for coming out and racing with us.

The Amain sedan race was the one to watch. With just five minutes left the battle was on between two of our top tier US drivers Mike Swauger and DJ Apolaro. And at the end of 30 minutes race, Mike took the win by less then a second over DJ.

All in all it was a great weekend of racing with great weather and awesome people.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Great event and thank you to Airtronics, GLARCC, BT promotions and all others behind the scenes for putting this together.

I had a blast and am starting to get the hang of this nitro thing. It's a learning curve and all new to me. Thanks to all the Xray team guys for helping me out. Otherwise I would be lost.

Only down side was that I had to go home on a flat bed, but was no one's fault. Chevy is getting old and showing it's age.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

This race was a blast, thanks to everyone who helped put this race together and thanks to all of those who came from out of town to attend. Other than the few glitches that occurred the race went smoothly and the track was great. Hopefully everyone can make it out to the KO Propo race happening this May. See you guys then
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

congrats to Nel , Henry , Chet , Scotty , Tom , Eric and Otto . Good showing guy's !
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by s10dude
congrats to Nel , Henry , Chet , Scotty , Tom , Eric and Otto . Good showing guy's !
Hey!!! What about the rest of the nor -cal guys
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

YEAH, dont worrie i got it. good showing Blackburn, Perez, Reddic, Smith, Sal, KJ, Ken and myself...
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Marc, could have been better, I wasn't totally prepared for that monster track, (picco) came home in one piece tho, n walked a handfull down on that big ass straight! but that's why there's always a next time Was running 5th in the B when my rear diff took a sh!+......but everybody from norcal/swr did good
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Thanks Marc, could have been better, I wasn't totally prepared for that monster track, (picco) came home in one piece tho, n walked a handfull down on that big ass straight! but that's why there's always a next time Was running 5th in the B when my rear diff took a sh!+......but everybody from norcal/swr did good
You all did a good job norcal guys...see you again at Kopropo GP....and nice meeting you Chet.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks!!

Thanks to all the racers for coming out this year. I hope all you had a great time. Also to all the people that lent a hand setting up and tearing down everyday. I really appreciate the help. And to all the manufacturers that sent giveaways for the raffle, thank you for the support.

I hope to see everybody back at the KO Race!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Awsome Race "again"

Thanks again to all the GLARC gang, Airtronics, BT and all his crew for putting on another great weekend of racing. Everything ran smooth, the track was hooked up, met a few new guys and of course the fun factor was way up there.

That sedan A main was a great race to watch.

Can't wait till the KO Grand Prix
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Here is my sedan set up for those that asked.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sedan C02 Greater LA 03_2013.pdf (177.4 KB, 137 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Wanted to say thanks to everyone that made the race possible. Airtronic's with Craig Kaplan, the entire Club for their hard work with the setting up and putting together of the track, Brian for getting things running and whoever that computer Guru is that fixed that as well. Also to the guys behind the scenes that we never know about. I always have fun racing with the Cali guys and the turn out was great. Mike is mine next time, I was a great punter in High School. J/K LOL!!!!

Thanks again to all those that are involved, from the manufactures to the racers, etc. Look forward to the next one and see everyone at the KO Race.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kudos to Craig and Airtronics along with all the sponsors and GLARCRC crew for a great track and race. I'm glad I made the trip and look forward to doing it again. Thanks to Mike P. for the pit work and Mike B. for the P.A. duties. Always good to see old friends and meet new ones at an event like this. Thank you all very much for your hard work and dedication to our sport. I loved being a part of this event.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

The Utah contingent finally made it home. Brought lots of great memories home from a super event.

Thanks to MauiMax for skillful GT pit job for me in my bump into A Main. It was indeed my most 'eventful' race round to date......well a clean kill in B Main was great too.

Thanks to the L.A. group that has put that track into action and can handle such a great event. Thanks to the 'powers that be' of the Artesia Transit Center that allow the RC club group to function there.

Thanks to Airtronics and Craig K., 'super announcer' Mike B. and all the racers that made such a great weekend.

I'll have to try another one of your events......
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Had a great time at my first trip to the track! Thanks BT and the rest of the greater LA crew for providing a fun atmosphere and a wicked fast track. It was awesome to bump into so many people I have not seen in years!

I can't wait to come back and race again.

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.