R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default ntc3 diff stripping

hey to anyone with knowledge about safe conversion from the tc3 diff to the ofna ld3 metal diffs would be greatly appreciated and anyone with any of the diffs or parts i need on sale i will be interested in buying or please guide to a forum or thread with directions onn how to go about the procedures
blackmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Tech Regular

when i had my bigblock nitro tc3 i tried to swap ofna diff stuff in, however couldnt find any info and it didnt seem like it was going to work. i managed to find a company called Dynotech racing, they used to make a drop in aluminum ring and pinion for the nitro tc3. i cant find it on their site anymore, but it might be worth e-mailing them. here is a link http://dynotech-racing.com/

they work well, stood up to my rossi .21 just fine. i now have an os .40 4 stroke in the car and they are doing alright. lubrication is the key with aluminum gears, along with shimming. im now actually running some 80w140 gear oil in the diff housing and it seems to work well. after all this time though they are starting to wear and im going to have to replace them. if you do email them, post up hgere and let me know if they still make them.
Sharkey_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default aluminum diff gears

I am interested in this topic as well. I want to make an electric conversion NTC3 and I am quite sure the plastic diffs will blow immediately with the horsepower i am planning on using.

I have got 2 metal geared diffs now with RDLogics metal diff cases. The metal gears I got off of Ebay. They have not been run since I put them together, I am hoping they will work ok.
basketcase45 is offline   Reply With Quote