Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Flywhee; FREE PLAY >

Flywhee; FREE PLAY

Flywhee; FREE PLAY

Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Flywhee; FREE PLAY

I just bought a used Sirio .12 engine and when I installed the clutch and turn it around with my fingers there's at least 1/8 of a turn free play when the piston is at TDC. That is when the piston is at TDC I can turn the flywheel backwards and forwards 1/8 of a turn and the piston doesn't move.

There must be a problem with this engine and I don't want to start it in this state. HELP PLEASE?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShowtimeMX
I just bought a used Sirio .12 engine and when I installed the clutch and turn it around with my fingers there's at least 1/8 of a turn free play when the piston is at TDC. That is when the piston is at TDC I can turn the flywheel backwards and forwards 1/8 of a turn and the piston doesn't move.

There must be a problem with this engine and I don't want to start it in this state. HELP PLEASE?
Remove the back plate and check the rod.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShowtimeMX

Conrod play at the crank or gudgeon pin or both.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks. Have just removed the back plate and the movement is due to the slack in the rod and crankshaft. There's some serious movement there.