Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help ntc3 factory kit vs r40

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default need help ntc3 factory kit vs r40

im sure this has been debated before but i wanna know everyones take on what they think the better kit is for a novice on road racer. i wanna know all the good and bad things about both kits.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't know much about the R40 but I can tell you about the NTC3. The NTC3 is a very easy kit to build. Associated is famous for their directions. Also every part you need is in the kit, well, except the engine. And nearly every hobby shop in the world carries Associated parts. For a first nitro kit the Nitro TC3 is a good choice.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

The FT NTC3 is certainly a fairly easy car to build, Associated provide very good instructions.
A few weak points that i didnt like on my FT NTC3-
* Aluminium front CVD`s tended to bend quite easily.
* The "fix" is needed to stop the front diff shock tower screws from getting stripped out of the diff case.
* Fuel tank is vulnerable to getting the pipe smashed through it, in the event of a side on crash.
* Plastic drive cups dont last too long.
* The stock 2 shoe clutch lacks the adjustability of many cars now sporting Centax clutches.
Cheers
Old 04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

The R40 is pretty bullet proof. It's fairly heavy which makes it easier to drive consistantly. It's really strong so you can keep going in a race after crashing. Parts are cheap and easy to get.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I second that...I currently own BOTH cars.....one drive in the R40 was all it took to convince me to sell one of the tc3s.....the R40 turns better....just as easy to work on....MORE gearing options.....WAY sturdier..and by that I mean it holds its settings and doesn't tweak the first time you GRAZE a board...if you want to tc3 so bad,I'll sell you my other car......