Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MOST POPULAR  200mm worlds body??? >

MOST POPULAR 200mm worlds body???

MOST POPULAR 200mm worlds body???

Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default MOST POPULAR 200mm worlds body???

Fellas quick question, can any of you identify the body that groskamp, hara, are using at the worlds?? Seems to b the most popular.......thanks
Attached Thumbnails MOST POPULAR  200mm worlds body???-screenshot_2012-11-12-08-47-05.jpg  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

looks like a p37-n to me but....
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Body in the pic is the Protoform P37-N. Some drivers are also using the Protoform SRS-N.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Body in the pic is the Protoform P37-N. Some drivers are also using the Protoform SRS-N.
Yeah i thought the srs and the spark would be the majority!! Since there the latest greatest but, if you look at the gallery on redrc, i would say 90%of the cars track pics are the p37.......hhmmm interesting
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Team PROTOform's Jilles Groskamp, reigning Electric TC World Champ, is on top of the charts through final practice at the Nitro Worlds with a PROTOform P37-N! I take this from Protoform Facebook Page !

Cheers
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Adrean
Team PROTOform's Jilles Groskamp, reigning Electric TC World Champ, is on top of the charts through final practice at the Nitro Worlds with a PROTOform P37-N! I take this from Protoform Facebook Page !

Cheers
Thanks, thought it was just the mortal drivers that copied the immortals lol! And run what the fastest are running, but it looks like even the immortals copy eachother!! I'm guessing that jilles/hara were extremely fast, cars looked really good with the p37 and everyone else pulled there's out!!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

But At Least there are Two Different Bodies in The 1-2 Places , Dario its Running Protoform SRS-N and he is in second Place ! And Yes but if you see the REDRC video It Looks Hara Fastest at corners Than Jilles but its just our thoughts hehe not in the Paper hehe !!!

Cheers
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Adrean
But At Least there are Two Different Bodies in The 1-2 Places , Dario its Running Protoform SRS-N and he is in second Place ! And Yes but if you see the REDRC video It Looks Hara Fastest at corners Than Jilles but its just our thoughts hehe not in the Paper hehe !!!

Cheers
I agree, but on day 2 vid heat 10......meen vjack looked faster than all from corner to corner......i kept telling a fellow racer of mine that the srs is not the fix all body, its to darty for me, doesn't roll thru the corners well, for my driving style it almost feels like drag brake.....suits his tho because he uses drag brake sometimes......will have to give the 37 another go, just seems like when new bodies come out, we automatically forget about what we were running prior, i haven't seen a p37 in over a year locally!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still have a DNA 3.0 which I know it seriously out of fashion now but in the wet, nothing else I've tried goes better..

The Blitz RS4 is great in lower traction situations too, which the worlds won't have obviously cause there's 150-200 cars racing around all day.

I prefer the RS4 to the SRS-N which I don't think works for my driving style.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I agree, but on day 2 vid heat 10......meen vjack looked faster than all from corner to corner......i kept telling a fellow racer of mine that the srs is not the fix all body, its to darty for me, doesn't roll thru the corners well, for my driving style it almost feels like drag brake.....suits his tho because he uses drag brake sometimes......will have to give the 37 another go, just seems like when new bodies come out, we automatically forget about what we were running prior, i haven't seen a p37 in over a year locally!!
That's all I run!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The majority of racers are opting for the PROTOform P37 over the SRS. Lemieux, Hagberg and Pietsch are a few who have stuck with the SRS. A few guys (Balestri, Spataro) are running P37's with the headlight decals of the SRS, creating a little confusion at first glance

The track in Bangkok is extremely high grip and high speed, which suits the reduced downforce and drag that the P37 offers, opposed to the ultra-aggressive downforce and handling of the SRS.