R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default my new toy plz help

i just got a kyosho inferno gt but it came with a blown engine (os.21big block) but i been reading as much as i can find and the original engine was a gsx28 (that wasnt in the box)but the clutch bell for that engine is longer than the crank shaft of the os.21 so i assume the gsx.28 has a longer shaft for the two speed but i cant find a length i need a engine though and i would really like to make it faster than stock i dont race so i was looking at a losi 454 .28 but i dont know if the crank shaft will work or not after a hour at the hobby shop he told me to post on here lol he told me to stay with a .28 but i was wondering what the biggest engine that will work or nothing else at least another option than buying stock again
ifernate gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I used this on my 2 speed clutch bell, it acts as an extension for the crankshaft (ofna part # 10098), it includes 2 sizes. (the two top right of the photo just above the screws)
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Two cents worth

My buddy has a GT as well, he's been running a SH .28 all year long. It's a fantastic engine, has all the power you'll ever need or want, easy to tune, doesn't overheat, sips the fuel (typically eight minutes on the track to a tank or a little more) AND....got it for 87 bucks new on Ebay. Comes with carb and you can typically find it either for bump box or with pull start. It is the best 28 I have ever seen. Plus, you can get the plugs for it for about three bucks a pop online. This is one of the few things around that you won't be trading off on losing power for cost, because I've seen plenty of engines that cost a lot more that don't have the power this thing does.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote