Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

here are a few pics and video of some of the action at the GT race
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGKcCRK_S0I

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4nGiIu_kQE
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a great event. The atmosphere was awesome, relaxed but at the same time very competitive. Doug and the HRC crew did an excellent job the whole weekend.
This cars have come a long way and the class is definitely on a roll and growing.

My weekend was very hectic, mainly because i haven't run GT since last August and everybody has improved, so i was behind. I did work a lot trying to find a better setup but until one hour before the main i was still searching. I never gave up but it did not look good until..... my new friend Chris Jones help me sharing his setup and my car in the main was on fire!!. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if I was clearly the fastest by 4 tents on pace in the main, but to finish first you first need to finish... and unfortunately a wheel nut broke 1 minute to go and that was it. I came in second, still a great result.

Congrats to Scotty Gray, great driving and a solid performance the whole weekend. A big thanks for the setup help and congrats to Mr. Iron Man Chris Jones.

Glad to see all my friends from Brasil, PR and of course from all over US.

Can't wait until the 2014 edition....
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im going to get started by thanking God for allowing me to be part of the best gt event in the United States.
After qualify 7 overall i could not make the finals by a problem with the spur gear. Anyways im happy because i see some old friends and met some new ones. I would like to thank doug and Joaquin Desoto for the great event, Paolo Morganti for the help with my car.
Also i want it to say thanks to my new friends like
Juan chalas
Tony lunatic
Macus williams (mantix works)
Carlos sanchez
Andy baez
And all the guys from puerto rico who behaved super cool.

Special thanks to my teammate Elvin Calderon for all the help and confidence that he have in me.

Thanks to all for the great experience and hope to see you guys again in the 2014 edition.

Last edited by Joseph16; 01-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VID from Friday

A lil footage of me trying to pick up the track on Friday. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9267A4noIsnnOjpRHIGoA
Old 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a great time! I want to thank Doug for his hospitality, John for a smoking track, Maxy for the fuel and Joaquin for the Saturday's pizza party and the parts support! A BIG THANKS goes to Courtney from NY for pitting for me. Congrates to Scotty, Paolo and Maxy. A big congrates goes to my homie ironman Chris Jones. He started from the back and ran all the heats to get to the dance. What is amazing to me is that he had to break down his car to clean and recalibrate everything then put it back together in time for the final race. He had about 30min to do all that and he pulled it off. In the final he made his way up to 4th then let a car pass thinking it was one of the top 3. So, congrates for an amazing feat. I was running pretty good on friday. I managed to get my times below 21.00. I had hoped to improve my times as I learned the track and made some adjustments. Due to my lack of my knowledge in setups, unfortunately my times were about a sec. slower. All and all, I had a great time and look forward to returning next year.
Attached Thumbnails January 2013 Speed Month @ Homestead RC Raceway-img_0081.jpg