Wiki Posts
Search

motorman

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Default motorman

hey dennis
i got one of the rtu that i got from you at the nats and i used it at mains that's the only time i used the engine and after that that's it till yesterday i put a new mc9 plug and run it (4 to 5 laps)
and pull it in the pit to check my temp and the temp is 298 with the needle setting at 5 on top, 3 on the bottom, flush on the other side i dont know what s wrong a couple of guy said that it might be the header and pipe combo but that's the same set up i have at hte nats. pls help (gearing 13,16 with 50,47 30% sidewinder fuel 60mm tire mid size track.

hows my rb is it almost their yet is it their yet
Old 07-21-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Low end seems a little low. On my RTU I run it between 3 3/4 and 3 1/4. Mostly 3 3/4.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

amgracer but my car is slow this guy got the same motor same set up but his is fast.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you may need to send it to me so I can inspect it. with the plug out does the piston drag bad in the bore? If so I will need to rework the fit. Some of them developed piston liner drag. Its a QC issue on Novas part. Had a few of them do that. I fixed a buddies JP the other day that did the same thing. Not even to the RB. still cleaning up other engines from before the nats. People are still requesting engines from all over but I have shut down all new engine work.

Pressureize the fuel system and make sure the tank is not cracked and the lid is not leaking. I believe you have a serrpent right?

Last edited by Motorman; 07-21-2002 at 04:38 PM.