Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

After a few minutes run at my local track i gave the boards a minor glancing touch . The damage from this was unbelievable Ie : sheared pivot ball and smashed hub carrier .
The foam tyre that took the main shock was untouched , not even a cut !
I,m now repairing the car but have lost a lot of confidence in its durability . Does any one else have a similar experience ,or have i jusy been unlucky . Before i got this car i had a v one s which gave me many hours of racing fun ( many winners trophy,s) and incredible durability. BTW it,s my first post on the board so Hi everyone
Old 03-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Nitromickey, I bet a lot will disagree with you...
Old 03-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nitromickey
After a few minutes run at my local track i gave the boards a minor glancing touch . The damage from this was unbelievable Ie : sheared pivot ball and smashed hub carrier .
I,m now repairing the car but have lost a lot of confidence in its durability . Does any one else have a similar experience ,or have i jusy been unlucky . Before i got this car i had a v one s which gave me many hours of racing fun ( many winners trophy,s) and incredible durability. BTW it,s my first post on the board so Hi everyone
may i ask you ...

are you the one in rcnitrotalk.com forum in SWIFT thread?
hehehehehe...

i have no problemo with my NTC3 coz i never use V one S to compare.

mop
Old 03-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Originally posted by mop_iko
i have no problemo with my NTC3 coz i never use V one S to compare.
Mop, your car is underused... You should take it out to the track more often.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

i disagree.after 3 years of owning the car,the damage is:

stripped spur gear
stripped rear diff gear and crown gear

that is all.and of course a lot of foam tyres.i think u hit the board really hard or ur a silly driver.j/k
Old 03-16-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

The ntc3 is a great handling car but it is about as strong as a peice of balsa wood!!......If your a good enough driver you may be able to keep it in one peice but things are bound to happen on the track with lap traffic and sometimes just stupid people the car is going to take a hit sometime and ussually with the ntc3 that will end your race!....sorry to the ntc3 lovers...just stating my opinion
Old 03-16-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Originally posted by InitialD
Mop, your car is underused... You should take it out to the track more often.
underused?

over abused i should say!!!!! LOL

now the spring is coming... then the NTC3 will be SCREAMING again!

i remember i have read somewhere.. in order not to STRIP your crown gear often... whenever you had a hard landing (after you accidently jump over the road curb or something)... dont put on the brake as it will make the gears grind more harder.... just let the car flow.... in other word.. try the best you can not to jump over the curb.

mop
Old 03-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the tc3 is a great handling car......the issue I had with it was a minor tap on the boards(with NO damage) would sometimes(more often than not) cause the steering to tweak,and in the middle of a race I'd be trimming the steering.....yes,I had good horns on the car....yes,the servo saver was adjusted properly....

yes,it happened on BOTH(tc3 nitros) cars.....I gave up on it,sold one,bought an R40 and am way happier with this car....more steering,more stable...quicker through chicanes.....stays in tweak.....
Old 03-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

The guy is just stating his frustration. I have not had a problem with my ntc3 and it is still a trophy winner. There are some things you can do to prevent these minor problems that don't cost an arm and a leg to upgrade. If your unhappy with a car that you own, just do what Harry did and sell it to replace it with a different manufacturer. No use crying over spilled milk. Move on.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, you are not alone. I broke the same thing when I had mine sometime back. Soon, you will notice your rear ball diff becoming rough. The good thing is , this car is renowned for breaking track record. Good luck !
Old 03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

other than NOT TO BRAKE when you are landing after you have jumped the car..... this is what i remember also from old old posts....

DONT USE TOO POWERFUL ENGINE.

you dont need too much powerful engine to win the race. only consistancy and accuracy in taking corners. eat the time there.. not at the long straight.

but if you have extra kjing kijing... then use more power engine.

mop
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by mop_iko
other than NOT TO BRAKE when you are landing after you have jumped the car..... this is what i remember also from old old posts....

DONT USE TOO POWERFUL ENGINE.

you dont need too much powerful engine to win the race. only consistancy and accuracy in taking corners. eat the time there.. not at the long straight.

but if you have extra kjing kijing... then use more power engine.

mop
Thank,s for the replies and varied opinions lol , i,m going to give the ntc3 a second chance , the motor fitted is a novamega sx12, 5 port michael salven which is fairly powerful and probably need,s hooking up to a decent setup and the right tyres etc (and more driving practice by myself ). Besides the factors mentioned to win races the one key factor(besides driving skills) is durability .
When i raced my v-one-s i used to laugh my ass off when the far more expensive and exotic cars could,nt finish a race through breakages leaving me to take the win .
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey, i have had my Nitro TC3 for a week now...My first nitro car. I ran it, its an incredible car..so far the only problem i see is, since it is used, the offset steering maybe once on a track (just trim) and i blew out a plug..thats bout it, no biggie...awesome car!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dante Sly
Hey, i have had my Nitro TC3 for a week now...My first nitro car. I ran it, its an incredible car..so far the only problem i see is, since it is used, the offset steering maybe once on a track (just trim) and i blew out a plug..thats bout it, no biggie...awesome car!

i think the only problem i see with this car is it's top end speed.it just dun have enuff.hope ae will fix this.then we will see the ntc3 win a lot of races as if it haven't won a lot already.

Last edited by ntc3freak; 03-16-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have owned a vones and now have a ntc3. I couldn't be happier with it. It is perfect for the class i race which only allows for pull start engines up to 0.8hp. First night out i TQ'd.
Comparing anything to a v one s isn't fair. Those things make concrete blocks seem fragile.
I have had a few minor stacks and sofar only broken a ball link cap and a fuel tank. Have since solved these probs with a few hop ups that weren't that expensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.