Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ive had my ntc3 coming close to a year now.

compared to my electric tc3 it is a bit more fragile, but thats because i had just gotten the car back then and had no idea the kind of speeds i would be getting with my collari

ive had plenty of brushes with the walls and only one hard hit out of all summer did i break anything, and it was just the steering hub. the pivot ball stayed intact and not even scratched.

just keep working at a good setup and itll be hooked.

i like to set the car to have no over or understeer, but i like for it to understeer a little bit to keep a good racing line as well as having my tail end slide out after the foams lose their grip.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

I loved my NTC3, but I'm gonna have to agree that it's entirely too fragile, at least for racing on tracks with wooden barriers.

While I'm no Mike Swauger, I don't make a habit of banging boards like they're going out-of-style either, and the car just looses settings way too easily. The last time I raced it, I *grazed* a board......broke the steering block and front arm, and bent a titanium hingepin, but didn't bend the aluminum CVD

Beef-up the hingepins and the arms, and I'd drive one again
Old 03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Front tower, yes it need a fix called "the fix"
Loose setting, yes it need a fix called "RPM ballend"
Not enough topspeed, yes it need 2 fixes called "Centax" and "shorter pipe"

The only real problem I have for NTC3 is: man I cant find parts at LHS. I stored so many parts that I can almost build 2 NTC3 with them...:QQQQ

Funny thing on crash for me is: when I'm new with NTC3, I crash lots but rarely break stuff. Now I know how to play with it and crash rarely, but everytime I crash something gone. Must because the speed and the way of crash....
Old 03-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys what is the "fix"?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:04 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by owens
hey guys what is the "fix"?
It's in the NTC3 thread.
I raced an NTC3, one of the very early kits, at the time it was the fasted car I had ever driven and the fastest car at the event, a major Ozzie title. The problems I had with the car were just ridiculous. The tank was over capacity, had to melt the tank and force it smaller. The pipe configuration led to the motor constantly backfiring and stalling, at least I could coast into pits from the back straight. The pressure tube went to the bottom of the tank and when pressure in the pipe dropped it would fill the exhaust with fuel. I eventually got on the AE web site and was told there was no problem. The servo saver was tooo light but it allowed me to use front tyres 2 shore softer than rear, I still run fronts softer than rears if I can and set my servo saver as soft as I can. I could not get sway bars so had to bend piano wire into shape and used parts from a friend's electric Associated car. I could never seem to bleed all the air from the shocks. Rear toe angle changed every time I rolled the car, it happens when you're testing the limits at an unfamiliar track.
The event got rained out so sold it as soon as I got back.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default THE MOP MANNNNNNNN

Sup Mopp NTC-3s are ok if you have a machine shop Jus kidding! They have good and bad just like all the rest
Attached Thumbnails Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?-imga4387.jpg  
Old 03-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Default THE DANNY MANNNNNNNN

Originally posted by HELLION
Sup Mopp NTC-3s are ok if you have a machine shop Jus kidding! They have good and bad just like all the rest
DAN my man!!! sooooooooo llloooooonngggggg never contact each other!!!

as you can see just only now i got a liltle bit 'time' to peek in rctech.net to post some messages!!!!

you are a bit right about the MACHINE SHOP!!!!

how is your SIRIO .21 engine on your NTC3 going? post some video link dude!!!!! i want to hear the SIRIO .21 on your NTC3 scream!!!!!

mop
Old 03-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default loud

LOL I still havent got my NTC back from that racer I lent it to last year so I stuffed it back in the MTX-2 .I have to have something to piss the yuppys at the main track I race at It's really loud now I ported the heck out of it. I still have your bodies boxed up so let me know when you get home and I'll shoot them out there !!! OK NTC-3 talk The car is OK but I really hate the back links for the rear tow so when I get it back I'm going to machine some lower adjustable a arms and lose the links. I'll post it if any body else wants me to make some for them
Attached Thumbnails Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?-imga58506.jpg  
Old 03-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: loud

LOL I still havent got my NTC back from that racer I lent it to last year so I stuffed it back in the MTX-2 .I have to have something to piss the yuppys at the main track I race at It's really loud now I ported the heck out of it. I still have your bodies boxed up so let me know when you get home and I'll shoot them out there !!! OK NTC-3 talk The car is OK but I really hate the back links for the rear tow so when I get it back I'm going to machine some lower adjustable a arms and lose the links. I'll post it if any body else wants me to make some for them

get the v2 suspension lar,danny
Old 03-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Naaaaaa

Since I punted my wife I need something to do
Old 03-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I've been running the NTC3 for over 2 years now I I've just learned to avoid hitting the barriers at all cost. So if you have to run your car around the track slower than everyone else, atleast you will finish the race; and then you will start placing in the top 5 or 3. I've seen so many guys just destroy their car just trying to hang with someone who is a more advanced driver. I've become a better driver because of the NTC3 and I just can wait to move on to another car. Maybe the MTX3 or MTX4 if one is coming out.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Naaaaaa

Since I punted my wife I need something to do
do you know about EVERGREEN songs?

where the OLD OLD song will be always GOOD to listen to.... and it can eb acceptable by new generations... and sometime the old old song will be re-mix with new rythm..... and it will be 'upbeat' to make it compatible with the new listener's taste?.... its EVERGREEN SONG..... always like top listen to them... they are just LONG LASTING.

so... NTC3 is like EVERGREEN SONG.... i bet NTC3 will always be in our heart.... it will further develop to more better NTC3 (which i really really hope AE will do that!!!)

mop
Old 03-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Default found this cool NTC3 pic

http://www.rcpics.net/img/52594

woohooo!!!

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 03-25-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Will see

Will see how long it lasts when I stuff that 21 back in it.LOL I think the NTC-3s biggest problem is the injected plastic parts are too hard ! They don't flex nearly enough so on impact the part breaks. Also I think it was over engineered (too many screws again not allowing the car to flex The frame is more then strong enough to support the car so I don't understand why changes haven't been made in the over all construtcion other then the obvious part sales. If you put a Mugan or most cars upper a frame in a vise and twist it you will see it can flex before it breaks but do the same with a NTC-3 and snaaaap If you are one of the guys that likes to paint walls with your NTC-3 then get your self a 1/8" piece of rubber plastic and build a front bumper that is a little wider then the fome rubber bumper that comes with the car this will help
Attached Thumbnails Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?-imga4373-copy.jpg  
Old 03-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Will see

(too many screws again not allowing the car to flex ........................If you are one of the guys that likes to paint walls with your NTC-3 then get your self a 1/8" piece of rubber plastic and build a front bumper that is a little wider then the fome rubber bumper that comes with the car this will help
agree with TOO MANY SCREWS.....LOL

and thanks for the BUMPER tips.

and you got a COOL PIC of that sirio .21 !!!! its gonna be a beast!!!!

mop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.