Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spdmkr
Robbie, please give me a call.....Kevin(Fla)
Kev...don't tell me you're ready for another car Gotta motor for ya!!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
So is it true that there will be a couple at the Nationals in Texas next month>
First: of all where doe's these types of rumors start? Second: Who told you that there would be a couple of MTX-4's raced at the nationals?
Third: I have posted numerous times in regards to it's release date.
Hopefully for the last time we do not have any car in nor do we have any information on the car, no cars including team cars will be available until September, if there's anyone out there reporting different then it's not true unless they work for Mugen don't believe what you hear.
This car was never expected to be released until our target do date which is September.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You tell'em brother man....What's good....just got back from the F1 USGP....what a trip...hope to see you at the Great Lake Challenge
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

What's up Carl............
That race was a wash out I saw what happened on the news.
F1 in the US is not looking so good these days, had I baught a plane ticket, hotel reservations along with car rental fees, then to top it off purchase tickets to veiw the race I would be pissed off.
I feel for the people who traveled so far for nothing, I hope the mazda series was a good race.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
First: of all where doe's these types of rumors start? Second: Who told you that there would be a couple of MTX-4's raced at the nationals?
Third: I have posted numerous times in regards to it's release date.
Hopefully for the last time we do not have any car in nor do we have any information on the car, no cars including team cars will be available until September, if there's anyone out there reporting different then it's not true unless they work for Mugen don't believe what you hear.
This car was never expected to be released until our target do date which is September.
LOL...I don't know how you dind't do this weeks ago!

Any idea when the Mugen Forum is coming back?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

I wish I had the answer for that question, I'm having problems with our server.
Until then I will focus more on RC Tech Mike Swauger also reads these comments everyday so if you have any questions post them here.
Hey by the way where do you race?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

I race in Miami, FL. www.royalpalmraceway.com That's the track. I only did a couple of State races this year and Regionals. But I'm in Serpent country down here. All the Serpent USA guys are down here, always telling me how I need to switch to the 710, but I like how this car drives better. Hopefully the new MTX will have some "cutting edge" design to wipe the floor with the competition.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gonzoY5
I race in Miami, FL. www.royalpalmraceway.com That's the track. I only did a couple of State races this year and Regionals. But I'm in Serpent country down here. All the Serpent USA guys are down here, always telling me how I need to switch to the 710, but I like how this car drives better. Hopefully the new MTX will have some "cutting edge" design to wipe the floor with the competition.
are you sure that's not a 710??? i see some greenish/yellowish wheels in the picture of your car.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Robbie, you got PM

Joe, LOL...I know it clashes with all my paint jobs. Those Eligis are about the only tire I'll use. Can't beat that rim. Yellow or not.

Last edited by gonzoY5; 06-22-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wish I had the answer for that question, I'm having problems with our server.
Until then I will focus more on RC Tech Mike Swauger also reads these comments everyday so if you have any questions post them here.
Hey by the way where do you race?
Please get rid of the hardened threaded ball ends that lock into to shock caps. They are impossible to unscrew and grip with pliers. Everytime the screw gets locked I have to buy a new ball end, plastic shock cap (cut off to open shock), and screw.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Mugen part number H0867 uses a 3mm allen to hold the ball, unlike the older ones. Standard part in the MRX4 kits.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzoY5

yup i drove both myself. mtx-3 when it came out, then 710 when it came out. but this year around february, i switched to mtx-3 again. it's just much better and easier to drive and maintain. (this is from personal experience and opinion).

can wait to see the mtx-4 though.....
Old 06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's up Carl............
That race was a wash out I saw what happened on the news.
F1 in the US is not looking so good these days, had I baught a plane ticket, hotel reservations along with car rental fees, then to top it off purchase tickets to veiw the race I would be pissed off.
I feel for the people who traveled so far for nothing, I hope the mazda series was a good race.

Hey Robbie, last I heard you already have the car and your gonna use it this weekend at O'donnell championships.. J/K (lol)

You have be used to this by now. Any way I'm sure the car replacing the mtx3 will be good judging by how good the mtx3 is 4 years into production.
You guys have got to let me in on the clutch tuning. All the mugen Drivers
at rev has good punch coming out the corners.

oops i quoted the wrong post.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro-mech
Mugen part number H0867 uses a 3mm allen to hold the ball, unlike the older ones. Standard part in the MRX4 kits.
Nitro Mech is right thats what I use I never have any problem much easier to deal with.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jwf_frani
Hey Robbie, last I heard you already have the car and your gonna use it this weekend at O'donnell championships.. J/K (lol)

You have be used to this by now. Any way I'm sure the car replacing the mtx3 will be good judging by how good the mtx3 is 4 years into production.
You guys have got to let me in on the clutch tuning. All the mugen Drivers
at rev has good punch coming out the corners.

oops i quoted the wrong post.
I always thaught our clutches kind of bogged.........lol
I'll help you with that this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.