Mugen MTX-4

Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

I got mine yesterday!
Busy with the build, should hopefully be ready for the weekend.
Kit looks great so far
Old 05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

I got mine yesterday!
Busy with the build, should hopefully be ready for the weekend.
Kit looks great so far
It better be ready before the weekend.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

yeah it better be ready for a maiden run
get that first run under the belt and then belt it.
That is a sweet kit
What you gonna power her with ??? JP ???

Have fun with the build
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Proe, I am working as fast as i can, to try and get everything ready for tomorrow, hopefully i can start breaking in the Nova, but i have to still paint the body and prepare the engine for run in.
Bloody clients wont leave me alone!!! I have shifted all appointments to monday but im still on stand-by if anything should go wrong, so im holding thumbs.

Razzor, Thanks, it was either this or the G4S but there is no parts support at the track for the G4S
Kit is looking really great though, its going to be powered by a Novarossi Plus 12-3C with a Nova 2630 pipe with a medium JP manifold, cant wait to see what that combo is gonna do its been sitting in its packaging for over a month already waiting for the MTX4
Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

The 2-speed housing is also diffrent. Now it fits better an hasnīt so much gap like before.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any one try the new 2 degree front upright's ??
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetMD
I always have problems getting the forward screw in because all of my wires are there. I guess you could trim it a little to make it easier to get on.
I took my dremel and cut a half moon in mine for all of the wires. Now the little tab at the bottom holds the wires up so they don't want to slide down and drag on the track.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
update on the striping gears issue for mtx4 drivers

i had a lightweight steel 2 speed shaft installed since the car was built, (apporx 1 year ago) well it showed some signs of wear near the one way bearing and the 2 speed housing area, although nothing that would "seem" to cause striping.

well i have been stripping gears every 5 minutes lately, and have tryed everything, and i mean everything (replaced all components from back end, and also cut down the carby ball end so it is smaller) well the last thing i changed was the 2 speed shaft, and since then i did not strip a gear....yet.

so if you are stripping gears it may well be a worn out 2 speed shaft, put in a new one, as the wobble you get from a worn shaft on the 2 speed housing may be enough to cause stripping.

honestly i think the issue is that mugen designed the pinion and spurs wrong. the teeth on the pinnion do not contact enough of the spur (ie only 1 full tooth makes contact, and another 2 just grab half a tooth)
They had to change the amount of teeth on the pinion gears because they made the diff gears smaller so the diffs could be lower in the car.

If they kept the old pinions the final drive would be to low.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I get a zip tie and I tie them up and try to get them up as high as possible and the good thing with the zip tie is if they do drag the only thing that will would be the zip tie. Also be sure to have the zip tie end facing down for further space and safety of the wires. Did this on my r40 too.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Just got kawahara pro (4t) 4mm chassis ..... hehehe

BTW, I'm making myself difficult : MTX4 or G4S for FEMCA 2007 (27, 28, 29 May 2007 ).

G4S, definetely is nicer car to drive, but reliability for 3 days event is rather questionable. And I hate G4S radio tray...... I'm worried to fall into changing crystal situation...... It's Gawdammn troublesome for re-arrange the cables & ballons. And my receiver battery in that car is not fresh.

MTX4, definetely is more reliable car for 3 days event. But my MTX4 still has mysterious understeering on mid cornering...... and it feels not as nice than G4S when driving underpressure. I don't have to worry about MTX4's battery receiver.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you have the updated front uprights and the updated rear camber link? I believe these two parts came out to help that.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576

BTW, I'm making myself difficult : MTX4 or G4S for FEMCA 2007 (27, 28, 29 May 2007 ).

G4S, definetely is nicer car to drive, but reliability for 3 days event is rather questionable. And I hate G4S radio tray...... I'm worried to fall into changing crystal situation...... It's Gawdammn troublesome for re-arrange the cables & ballons. And my receiver battery in that car is not fresh.

MTX4, definetely is more reliable car for 3 days event. But my MTX4 still has mysterious understeering on mid cornering...... and it feels not as nice than G4S when driving underpressure. I don't have to worry about MTX4's battery receiver.

I understand your pain. I used to like G4 so much but the radio tray on G4S is really a pain. I broke the extansion wire when trying to work on the radio tray

for longer event I probably will go with MTX (yes I am bias ) at least if you have trouble with battery you can ask MTX, RRR, and NT1 dudes if they have extra to lend you.

the issue with MTX is chronic gear stripping syndrome, if you are immuned like me, that is not an issue
Old 05-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is your understeering problem on mid cornering on-throttle or off-throttle? Also, what are you running up front - one-way, solid or diff?

As far as driving under pressure goes, the Active Hobby Atenza SR that I recently tried makes the 4 really stable.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProE
It better be ready before the weekend.
Hey ProE, hows the new Mtx4 going for you?
Have'nt heard from you in a while!
A bit of an update is required!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As A1 said, have you got the new uprights and rear camber link?
Also have you tried the option 1.3mm front shock pistons ?
BTW i like your new Kawahara bling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.