Mugen MTX-4

Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

However........I know this is the wrong place to post it, but anybody interested in my mtx-4, its for sale now, all the lower CG mods that you cannot get anyplace else will be included. Pm me if interested.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,
bear with me on this one. I currently own a MTX-3 and it runs fairly well (certainly better than the driver,,,,,,,for sure). I am wondering how much in the way of performance I am giving up in comparsant to the newer MTX-4 or MTX-4R. I am trying to decide if I would consider the purchase of one of the newer cars. I only race twice a month and based on that it would mean I probably will only get out maybe 10 times this summer. Is the car worth it??????
From what I recall reading earlier in this thread, a lot of guys that ran the 3 really liked the improvements to the 4 when it came out. Prices on a regular 4 have come down lately, so you can probably pick up a new one at a pretty good price.

I guess it depends on what you expect from your racing. If you're happy with the Main you're running in, why worry about it? If you want to kick it up a notch, the 4 might have what you need to bump up. It's hard to say.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Any of you guys have an extra front diff. or locked diff they would part with?

Thanks
"D"
Old 04-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ive got a 1 time used atomic front diff. One-Way , One-Way Spool and Spool configuration with 1 pin for sale.

LMK VIA PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,
bear with me on this one. I currently own a MTX-3 and it runs fairly well (certainly better than the driver,,,,,,,for sure). I am wondering how much in the way of performance I am giving up in comparsant to the newer MTX-4 or MTX-4R. I am trying to decide if I would consider the purchase of one of the newer cars. I only race twice a month and based on that it would mean I probably will only get out maybe 10 times this summer. Is the car worth it??????
The 4 has a adjustable role center in the front over the 3 and you can adjust the belt tension. Those two things make it worth it if you ask me. Plus the 3 parts are getting hard to find.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
However........I know this is the wrong place to post it, but anybody interested in my mtx-4, its for sale now, all the lower CG mods that you cannot get anyplace else will be included. Pm me if interested.

Are you giving up the Mugen ! ! ! I meant to contact you to tell you that the 5mm rear shock tower that you made for me GUESS what I managed to break it this weekend at 301 having a hell-of-a-lot of fun. My main sucked because of poor drivers ettiquette on the stand but no matter what I do when I hit the asphalt at 301 I feel more comfortable than when at home.

The MTX4 is a very versatile car with a lot of aspects to it that must be tried and tested to see the results, I dont think you should dismiss it so quick. As far as someone stating about the MTX3 being better it is not by far, I must admit that I won the A main at the 1/8 Reginals in NERCAR the first time out with the MTX3 and was sold on MUGEN ever since. The 4 has so many adjustments that can accomadate so many skill levels. I have to be honest and say my racing game suffered this weekend and I still managed to have so much fun at the PRO SERIES that it didnt even matter...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
You need the lower suspension arms as well as the new uprights. They go together.

What do the new arms and uprights give you over the old ones?

Also, what advantage does the new rear upper arm mount have over the old one?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not sure if you realized that the slightest tap on anything and the pillow balls would come out of the upright. Well I did and I actually notified MUGEN of this problem the new revised upright dimension so far appear to be the same but the hole is smaller and will not allow the pillow ball to pop out. Until the new arms were released I was actually using the older MTX3 now hard to find front uprights. Since I had so many parts for the 3 I had quite a bit in stock but I have now recently picked up the new uprights and they are tough as hell.

This Sunday at 301 a driver blocked my view and I ran head on dead smack into the wall and not damage done to the upright at all. I will inspect it more but no damage to the upright that was noticeable, but the damage to the servo took me out of the 2nd spot in my main.......
Old 04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i need to know what body is the most commonly used and what mm i am still waiting for my mtx4 to get here but i am getting everything readly thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

200MM parma type-m or stratus 3.1

I lean towards the parma body for performance. Both are top notch though.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

R ARRIVED, have your lhs ordered!

happy racing!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HECTICRACER
i need to know what body is the most commonly used and what mm i am still waiting for my mtx4 to get here but i am getting everything readly thanks

I have been using Kawahara ls250, very nice body and much durable with stratus 3.1 I've use on my older cars.

check it out at RCnitro Nation
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
Are you giving up the Mugen ! ! ! I meant to contact you to tell you that the 5mm rear shock tower that you made for me GUESS what I managed to break it this weekend at 301 having a hell-of-a-lot of fun. My main sucked because of poor drivers ettiquette on the stand but no matter what I do when I hit the asphalt at 301 I feel more comfortable than when at home.

The MTX4 is a very versatile car with a lot of aspects to it that must be tried and tested to see the results, I dont think you should dismiss it so quick. As far as someone stating about the MTX3 being better it is not by far, I must admit that I won the A main at the 1/8 Reginals in NERCAR the first time out with the MTX3 and was sold on MUGEN ever since. The 4 has so many adjustments that can accomadate so many skill levels. I have to be honest and say my racing game suffered this weekend and I still managed to have so much fun at the PRO SERIES that it didnt even matter...
Glad to hear that you had a good time. The track is great! Things ran very smoothly.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Yay I got my car upto 1700G now. I added 3racing universals in the rear. And 26G in weights. Now I need to add another set like that and im set. I heard 3racing universals are bad but it seems there pretty good , look a tad bit beefier and the pin seems thicker so theres less play in the diff cup. I like , I hope they fair well.

BTW has anyone heard of prather weights? There slim 13g weights. About 1inch long , 3-4mm thick. Looks like a wheel weight but just flat. If anyone knows where one can get these let me know.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

I heard 3racing universals are bad but it seems there pretty good , look a tad bit beefier and the pin seems thicker so theres less play in the diff cup. I like , I hope they fair well.
I've tried them, and they only lasted 2 race meetings and one practise sessions. The on guy at the trap have a tool that allowed me to replace the pins with mugen pins. The mugen pins last way longer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.