Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

oops my bad i got got confused with Jr's radio....
Well ( i hope i get it this time) isnt that electric?

also yea 235mm would make it quite hard to run as every1 has
1/10th and 1/8th...or 1/12th if u consider the electric folks.
235mm just isnt that popular otherwise they would make much more to fufill demand.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

i mean waaay back there was only 1/8th and 1/12th...1/10 came to cause of popularity of it when it was first introduced.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Translation error....translation error........translation error...Wil Robinson.....

What does any of this have to do with the MTX-4?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Translation error....translation error........translation error...Wil Robinson.....

What does any of this have to do with the MTX-4?
I'll take a "nothing" for 2000, jeff.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger
They are going to be a 1deg offset.
why do they make 1 degree offset? We are already running 2 deg offset, now we have to buy and run 1 deg offset tyres. Now I really have to write down the numbers of the offsets as well as the shore on the tyres....
Old 09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

is there a good reason for the change in rim offset as yet again the loyal mugen fast tyres runners like myself have been stung again just like the
mtx-2 to mtx-3 rim change
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Would that be Kelvin, Celsius, Fahrenheit or corner degrees

Since when is wheel offset given in degrees and what does it mean? Are the tyres still round?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

1 + 1 = 2
Don't stress.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chookgb
is there a good reason for the change in rim offset as yet again the loyal mugen fast tyres runners like myself have been stung again just like the
Yes, I think that they should have stuck with the 2 degree so you can use your fast tires and still shim out if you can't get 2mm offsets. Going back the other way basically renders your 2mm offsets useless unless you sell them out to those still wanting to run the mtx-3's. BTW, that will be me, so if you have some tires to offload send me a PM with some prices Tires are a big issue for me, since you will most likely spend more on them in one season than your entire chassis and replacement parts.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by olev
Would that be Kelvin, Celsius, Fahrenheit or corner degrees

Since when is wheel offset given in degrees and what does it mean? Are the tyres still round?
Yes the offset is really in mm but is often referred to in degrees. Don't know how that got started. If you really don't know what offset is, here is the answer. The offset is a change to the standard hub which moves the hub a set distance (1mm, 2mm) closer to the inside of the wheel, essentially giving the car a wider stance without sacrificing the area of contact with the wheel hex on the hub recess that happens when using spacers. Trying to run the MTX-3 without 2mm offsets will result in an interference with the rear uprights and inside of the rim as the car was designed for the 2mm offsets. I think it was just a way to reduce the overall width of the main chassis ever so slightly while still maintaining a full 200mm stance. Otherwise I cant' see a real reason to do it. To run the 0mm offset tires (nitro shoes) on the MTX-3 you have to run a 2mm spacer under the wheel hex to use them. It works but you sacrifice hex contact which is weaker if you hit something. The alternative is to put a 2mm washer between the hex and bearing on the inside. This only works for clamping style hubs, but I beleive those are standard Mugen parts.

Is there a way to go back the other way and use 2mm offsets on a 1 degree car?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Mugen in the US

Hi Guys,

Which are the best online places to get Mugen kits and spares?
thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC_Greg
Hi Guys,

Which are the best online places to get Mugen kits and spares?
thanks!
I like nitrohouse.com and speed tech .

Of course I try to buy as much as possible locally to support, but not too much in the way of Mugen dealers around here.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i bought my M11 when it was launched from rc-champ.co.jp. when i went to japan, different shops sell in different discount. typically from 20 to 30% off from list price. of course, you have to add tax and freight. And pro-s-futaba also sell overseas. from what i heard, this one is deviated from mugen staff. but price-wise, something like 5% more than typical discount. but they are specialized in kawahara too.
you may also try www.rakuseimodel.co.jp, they have an email contact [email protected]
these shops are located mostly in akihabara, where very famous in buying electronics stuff in tokyo. they are quite well in scale and set up.
or there is a hk's called rcmodel.com.hk
remember, these are FOR INFO only.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry sturchio
Yes the offset is really in mm but is often referred to in degrees. Don't know how that got started. If you really don't know what offset is, here is the answer. The offset is a change to the standard hub which moves the hub a set distance (1mm, 2mm) closer to the inside of the wheel, essentially giving the car a wider stance without sacrificing the area of contact with the wheel hex on the hub recess that happens when using spacers. Trying to run the MTX-3 without 2mm offsets will result in an interference with the rear uprights and inside of the rim as the car was designed for the 2mm offsets. I think it was just a way to reduce the overall width of the main chassis ever so slightly while still maintaining a full 200mm stance. Otherwise I cant' see a real reason to do it. To run the 0mm offset tires (nitro shoes) on the MTX-3 you have to run a 2mm spacer under the wheel hex to use them. It works but you sacrifice hex contact which is weaker if you hit something. The alternative is to put a 2mm washer between the hex and bearing on the inside. This only works for clamping style hubs, but I beleive those are standard Mugen parts.

Is there a way to go back the other way and use 2mm offsets on a 1 degree car?
I ran 0 offset wheels many times on my MTX3. The only cruddy thing about that is you need to turn the pillow balls out to get you car width out to 199-200mm. When switching back and forth between 0 and 2 mm wheels, you have to adjust pillow balls, steering linkage and camber links every time. I finally just stuck with Fast and Kawahara that way I just bolt on the tires.

Weird thing was when I started buying GQ tires, I was ordering the 2deg offset. Even with the pillow balls turned in all the way, the car was still too wide. I had to run the 0 offset wheels to pass tech.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chookgb
Sorry it's because the length of the arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.