Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
It used to come with 37's. They could change at any time.
Ill agree the new revised kits are coming with 40's , they feel spot on for 40's.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dialed Pile
MRX4, Tommy means buisiness
What's up, partner!!!

ThunderDave! Absolutely!!! Best GP car I've ever had.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaykay
high traction: 50.000 front and 30.000 rear
lower traction: 30.000 front and 10.000 rear

Originally Posted by jaykay
but not everytime diff-diff is the best combination
But it's usually the safe bet.

I love running spool on slick tracks also. 10k-20k in the rear, stand up the rear shock a bit from normal (depending on layout) and you'll be taking the inside everytime. Or you can put 500wt in the shocks or try the purples in the front and then all around.

If you're worried about the spool's wear & tear on the frt. univ., try 100k front diff.

For low bite, also work with different clutch settings.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
KidDynomite- Just read the site and man it's got great stuff on there. Now I have the car to relate to it and thats what makes it better. I'm already going to see if the shop here has the alum hex hubs and the extra parts to create the front diff. The thicker shock tower will be next,universals and from then on it'd be spare parts, spare parts, and more spare parts. Basically the recommended items will be bought in one shot if I can. To add to the collection I also dislike the position of the rear sway bar and will upgrade to the optional one. Other than that I'll do what others do - mostly race it stock. This car has potential as I run a stock MRX4 which I have no issues with...except for the fact I nearly got disqualified because it was too light?!
Cool! rmdhawaii put that bad boy site together. The man is on a mission and dedicated to public RC information for the masses.

Parts: the guys at Mugen say that NitroHouse is the place to buy from. Plus parts are 20% off ... all the time.

MRX4R... I'll be picking your brain in a bit. I'll be running it stock as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

rcfoolz,

any update on the roll center mod?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default THE LONG ROAD HOME BY RICK & PAPA

Welcome home WILLIE P.! Man it was real hard to get your a$$ to get a MTX 4, But I was patient , I could not take one more nite with all that red, It was driving me and Papa crazy sleeping with the enemy, So we will tell you now after Weds quals when you were sleep we took turns pi$$ing on your long sleeve red shirt We marked our territory on various parts of your shirt then you started to wake up so I ran in the bathroom and laughed for 20 mins , FUNNY THING IS OUR PRANK WORKED SOME HOW BECAUSE YOU WOKE THE NEXT MORNING AND THE FIRST THING YOU SAID WAS " I'M SELLING THIS SHIT AND GETTING A MUGEN" AGAIN WE WERE IN TEARS AND YOU WAS WONDERING WHY YOUR SHIRT WAS DAMP, AND AFTER THE 1st QUAL THEN YOU WENT AND GOT ANOTHER SHIRT FROM JOSH BECAUSE YOURS WAS STILL MOIST AROUND THE COLLAR AREA . BUT MY QUESTION IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THE DAMP SHIRT? WE DIDN'T SEE IT ANYMORE SO YOU HAD TO THROW IT AWAY. SORRY ABOUT THE DRASTIC MEASURES MAN, BUT THAT DAMN RED SHIT WAS PUTTING A HURTING ON OUR VISION. AIN'T NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
ONE WAY OUT NOW
THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS:~~
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
just curious whos got the best deal on an mtx4 keep it on the low pm me with the details holla
Old 02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nitrohouse is the best for Mugen parts, period. Their website is up-to-date and customer service is good. They always ship right after you order and send you emails keeping you informed. Nitrohouse is my favorite place to order from.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
rcfoolz,

any update on the roll center mod?
For anybody who is going to be at Kissimmee next weekend that is interested in what I'm doing, stop by and say Hi. I will be testing 3 different versions of the mod to make sure I get it right.

Not realy getting into detail right now untill I know it works. If it works, I will be marketing it. I only started working on it at Ft Myers because I was tyring to get the car to be more stable with less traction, but I think I stumbled on a way to make this better than first thought. It would lower the CG quite a bit with very little mods.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, just wondering which type of belt would be better to use, the urethane or rubber belts? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pelico
Hey guys, just wondering which type of belt would be better to use, the urethane or rubber belts? Thanks.
I like the rubber. I think they last longer than the urethane belts which seem to just have teeth chip off for no reason.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by FASRICK
Welcome home WILLIE P.! Man it was real hard to get your a$$ to get a MTX 4, But I was patient , I could not take one more nite with all that red, It was driving me and Papa crazy sleeping with the enemy, So we will tell you now after Weds quals when you were sleep we took turns pi$$ing on your long sleeve red shirt We marked our territory on various parts of your shirt then you started to wake up so I ran in the bathroom and laughed for 20 mins , FUNNY THING IS OUR PRANK WORKED SOME HOW BECAUSE YOU WOKE THE NEXT MORNING AND THE FIRST THING YOU SAID WAS " I'M SELLING THIS SHIT AND GETTING A MUGEN" AGAIN WE WERE IN TEARS AND YOU WAS WONDERING WHY YOUR SHIRT WAS DAMP, AND AFTER THE 1st QUAL THEN YOU WENT AND GOT ANOTHER SHIRT FROM JOSH BECAUSE YOURS WAS STILL MOIST AROUND THE COLLAR AREA . BUT MY QUESTION IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THE DAMP SHIRT? WE DIDN'T SEE IT ANYMORE SO YOU HAD TO THROW IT AWAY. SORRY ABOUT THE DRASTIC MEASURES MAN, BUT THAT DAMN RED SHIT WAS PUTTING A HURTING ON OUR VISION. AIN'T NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
ONE WAY OUT NOW
THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS:~~
oh boy not my red shirt that is out of line
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well guys dusted off the starter box and finally did some test runs and everything seems pretty well setup. I got pretty close to the base settings by eye. Did the rest on the setup system last night.

Also installed my new pressure chamber. Its a tad different than what you normally see and the CF looks just so pretty.

Car ran extremely well , then I threw my regular tricks at the TZ motor and its a beast now. Only 160F temps and its too fast for its own good. It just brakes traction. I didnt see any reason to lean it more , but did anyway and oh my! Low or high rpm it was just leaving patches and taching straight to max rpm. It sounded like it was driving on dust. Will have to see how it truly runs once I got the right tires on a prepared track and see how it grabs. Got the clutch right where I want it also. Mugen Gold spring and mugen yellow pad. Tensioner nearly out.

It seems like a lot of the screw to threaded ball connections like to come off , been getting out the lock tite on all those. So far so good. Nothing like a shakedown on a nice warm florida day.

Heres some photos of the new pressure chamber setup. Its more of a pressure chamber rather than most who use an expansion chamber. I think itll proove more effective.

These are the days that it just feels so good to just have a nice car ready to go. Good weather + good car = good day. Also yes landscaping was done by yours truly.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 02-23-2007 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
oh boy not my red shirt that is out of line
Hey Artist, what happen with Kyo-Show?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by miker2209
Hey Artist, what happen with Kyo-Show?
i didnt make the show but it was fun im gonna try mugen since im moving back to cali those guys are cool to nothing wrong with the KYO-SHOW but i dont want to get jumped down there
Old 02-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm jealous A.I. ~ You always have the best photos.

Seems like you're having way too much fun with the new car. You going to be racing it anytime soon??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.