Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
lol hmmmm i look at all the threads.
You do more than look
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Unfortunately I am not really speaking with Mugen Racing anymore.
Too bad things aren't working out with Mugen but I too will most likely move on despite the fact I really love the MTX-4. I had an MRX-4 and it was okay, a 705 and a 710 which were 'inconsistent' but the MTX-4 has been a really great car and I think it's Mugen's best work.

Sadly though the distributor here in my region is totally incompotent. They make toys and it shows in their business selling Mugen products. Competition RC is a totally foreign concept. They have no idea what parts to import and have zero support for Mugen users.

Tomorrow is the day of the 1/10th nationals here in Korea and the distributor has 1) No clutch springs, 2) no shock parts, and . . . jeez, isn't the lack of clutch springs a killer all on it's own? Anyway, I've run all over town and found required parts but the effort is far too great for a casual hobby. The pattern of lack of parts is repeated over and over for any major 1/10th event. All the top drivers have now left Mugen in 1/10th here in Korea. Almost all have gone to the RRR, some to the 720, and some to the G4, and couple to Hobao. The lack of parts pissed one guy off so much he bought an FW-05RR instead. Man, that's angry!

Anyway, it really, really sucks I'd have to give up the MTX-4 since the distributor can't get their shyte together but I'm an RC racer, not a Mugen racer. If Mugen's distributor fumbles the ball there are plenty of competitors there to pick up the lost business.

I hope other MTX4 users aren't in the same boat as me. It'd be a real disappointment to give up a car based on distributor jackassery.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mugen Racing (USA) does a very good job with product support. I want that to be clear. They are very helpful and keep good inventory. They support their product very well.

It sucks that you are having those problems in Korea. Before, during, and after my time on the team I never had those problems with Mugen Racing.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Mugen Racing (USA) does a very good job with product support. I want that to be clear. They are very helpful and keep good inventory. They support their product very well.

It sucks that you are having those problems in Korea. Before, during, and after my time on the team I never had those problems with Mugen Racing.
It does suck, indeed.

Someone once made the arguement that in very competitive markets like the US, Japan, and Europe support is typically pretty good. Since these are big markets and competition is tough you need to offer good support. In the US the market is very consumer driven market and, outside of Hong Kong, probably has the lowest prices on RC stuff. The money is made on the volume. Poor customer support can kill sales so there tends to be more effort there.

But if this argument was true it means that support in countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan would be bad. All are small RC market countries but to the best of my knowledge I've haven't read anything that indicates drivers in these countries are suffering chronic support problems that I've experienced here in Korea with Mugen. The low-volume arguement as an excuse seems bogus to me.

The big issue here is that the Korean Mugen distributor is also a toy, plastic model AND RC manufacturer themselves. The fact that they make RC products in the same class (1/10th nitro) seems to me to be a conflict of interest. I'm surprised Mugen is partnered with them. At a minimum Mugen should have demanded the distributor spin off Mugen distribution as a separate company. Well, I'm not running Mugen so maybe in the details it's what's best but for Mugen users here we're having a real tough time.

Last edited by going4#1; 10-13-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately I am not really speaking with Mugen Racing anymore. I do not know the answer to that question. As the other guy said, Mike Swauger may be able to give you his setup and he may know what the winning car had for a setup. Perhaps try sending him an email. Mike is not always good at answering them, but you have nothing to lose. Robbie is much better at anwering emails and even though he was not at the race he may be more help in obtaining the information you are wanting.
Thanks will do. Appreciate the response, shame you are no longer running for Mugen as you always had good input on this thread.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Thanks will do. Appreciate the response, shame you are no longer running for Mugen as you always had good input on this thread.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
It does suck, indeed.

But if this argument was true it means that support in countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan would be bad. All are small RC market countries but to the best of my knowledge I've haven't read anything that indicates drivers in these countries are suffering chronic support problems that I've experienced here in Korea with Mugen. The low-volume arguement as an excuse seems bogus to me.
I tell you in HK, there are no sponsored mugen drivers, cos no model shops except the suck and only suck so called sole distributor appointed by Mugen sells Mugen's Car Kit, this distributor never organizes race except one for doing the show to Mugen that they have to send someone to race the Mugen Asis Cup in Malaysia last year. Before and after that drama race, it is "zero" race so far.
Furthermore, they never sponsor race track. From MRX3 till MRX4 now, these cars are almost having no presense at the only 1/8 track in HK. I really do not understand why Mugen from Japan can accpet such a low sales and let their brand die like this.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
I tell you in HK, there are no sponsored mugen drivers, cos no model shops except the suck and only suck so called sole distributor appointed by Mugen sells Mugen's Car Kit, this distributor never organizes race except one for doing the show to Mugen that they have to send someone to race the Mugen Asis Cup in Malaysia last year. Before and after that drama race, it is "zero" race so far.
Furthermore, they never sponsor race track. From MRX3 till MRX4 now, these cars are almost having no presense at the only 1/8 track in HK. I really do not understand why Mugen from Japan can accpet such a low sales and let their brand die like this.
are you pointing to cityhobby? I didn't know they are not that suppoertive there in hk. Mugen japan should look to that. So thats the reason why other shop dont sell any mugen parts and optional parts
Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by typer
are you pointing to cityhobby? I didn't know they are not that suppoertive there in hk. Mugen japan should look to that. So thats the reason why other shop dont sell any mugen parts and optional parts
probably they do not care selling the car kits because they are producing the sato, oeming the mugen options and the speedmine stuff. maybe this is why mugen japan doesn't care.
but the mugen market is petty bad for the last 3, 4 years, at least they are killing such a good cars mrxs and mtxs. many people just buy from japan's on line.
i wonder if mugen staff will find out the situation.
what a pity.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default help with Shocks

Guys Newbie here.

I just finish assembling my car and I want to know what tools besides a caliper do you use to measure the lenght of the shocks. Do you use any special tools. has anybody has use the team losi shock measuring tool? Its just when doing the shocks its always a challenge making sure that all 4 has the same lenghts.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeBop
Guys Newbie here.

I just finish assembling my car and I want to know what tools besides a caliper do you use to measure the lenght of the shocks. Do you use any special tools. has anybody has use the team losi shock measuring tool? Its just when doing the shocks its always a challenge making sure that all 4 has the same lenghts.
a caliper should be accurate enough to measure the shock length but the losi tool is also good if you want to go that far.
it's good for measuring the length and for shock action rebound

Last edited by itchy b; 10-14-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Mugen MTX4 Ball bearings

Hello guys,

Just to let you know that our Team got some ball bearings kit with trust bearings for our MTX4 for an amazing deal

You may find it on http://www.fxrhobby.com/store/produc...cat=273&page=1

Nice stuff, as OEM.

Regards,
Old 10-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Choisan, where in hk can i find sato seiki parts for mtx4?
Old 10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by typer
Choisan, where in hk can i find sato seiki parts for mtx4?
The last time i was in HK about a month ago, I saw Sato parts at City Hobby.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default must have hop ups

what are some must have hop ups? Looking to shave off a 1/2 second on my lap times. The only hop up I use on my car is the skyline 1pc motor mount. Motor and pipe are fine so I'm looking for other stuff that have proven themselves. Not looking to be pretty or bling bling, just looken to be fast and if so, ugly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.