Mugen MTX-4

Old 09-10-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
i would like to eat my words just snaped a front cv today, shitty 3racing crap dont use them didnt evan crash or hit any thing
We told that 3Racing CVD's are crap and doesn't worth to buy them... better to go with Mugen ones. Been there, done that...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
This has probably been covered before, but is it fairly usual for the MTX4 to eject dogbones when you give it a good whack to the front end? I ejected a bone and lost an outdrive today. Shame too cause the car was fast.

Also how long are most of you getting out of your bearings? One of my front small stub axle bearings is already toast. It was the one I gave a whack to, perhaps it sustained some damage. Funny thing is I never killed a R40 bearing in 2 1/2 years...........
If you're spitting dogbones from the front end you can do two things:

Change to front CVD's... and be smart, get the Mugen ones, not the 3Racing, ask for NitroJunkie what happened with their last pair...

Narrow a little your car. If you're spitting dogbones, maybe you're going too far with the width of the car. The first thing I've changed on my MTX3/MTX4 was the front dogbones for CVD's.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
This has probably been covered before, but is it fairly usual for the MTX4 to eject dogbones when you give it a good whack to the front end? I ejected a bone and lost an outdrive today. Shame too cause the car was fast.

Also how long are most of you getting out of your bearings? One of my front small stub axle bearings is already toast. It was the one I gave a whack to, perhaps it sustained some damage. Funny thing is I never killed a R40 bearing in 2 1/2 years...........
Hey Alan, Yeah i did the exact same thing at the pre worlds. Go with the CVD's man. I actually put MTX3 ones in as there a little longer but you have to take the o'rings out of the out drives. As far as bearings go i have never damaged one ever so all i could put that down to is bad luck.

Cheers and catch up with you soon. Are you heading over to the worlds to watch the final next weekend as i am coming down to volunteer.

Daniel
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
i would like to eat my words just snaped a front cv today, shitty 3racing crap dont use them didnt evan crash or hit any thing
I got 3Racing front CVD like 6 sets and they are crap !!! The pin is too thin

Get the Mugen always.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Looks like they are doing well. Here are the most recent practice results:
http://www.200mmifmarworlds.com/Default.aspx?tabid=329
Why some people ( I see quite a lot of people ) get 0 laps, 0.0000 Best Time. Are those people prefer to skip the practice session ? Is it okay to skip the practice session?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Why some people ( I see quite a lot of people ) get 0 laps, 0.0000 Best Time. Are those people prefer to skip the practice session ? Is it okay to skip the practice session?
They are not using their transponder.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
They are not using their transponder.
I see ....
Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

try and throw off the enemy
Old 09-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, just sorting my 2 speed out now, if i left my car off the ground and rev it max, would it change into 2nd gear??
just wondering coz im using this way to see if its changing properly, atm its not changing at all

thanks mat
Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigboss
hey guys, just sorting my 2 speed out now, if i left my car off the ground and rev it max, would it change into 2nd gear??
just wondering coz im using this way to see if its changing properly, atm its not changing at all

thanks mat
Yes, after it warms up you can hear it shift. You can feel it in your hand actually.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Hello every one,
i am almost done with my car. I am now doing the linkage for the throttle and brake. Any tips? Also how tight should my brack be adjusted?
Thanks,
John
Old 09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jhigga15
Hello every one,
i am almost done with my car. I am now doing the linkage for the throttle and brake. Any tips? Also how tight should my brack be adjusted?
Thanks,
John
Set your steering and throttle parameters in your transmitter to 0 zero, or default value

Set transmitter and receiver ON

Start making necessary adjustments : (1) Throttle first, neutral and maximum point with your EPA, end point adjustment. At neutral position make sure the carb is at almost close position. Adjust spring tension so the carb shut at neutral. (2) Brake second, neutral and maximum brake, with EPA. Watch carefully as you brake the throttle's spring compress even more.

Take off the servo horn if necessary to align the throttle / brake linkages ( make both linkages parallel, straight and flat as possible ).
Old 09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm experianceing something strange. What I am having is a push issue. I couldn't seem to get rid of the push this past weekend. Running Ft Myers, I tried running from 1mm to 3.5mm of split and I still had a push. After 10min in the main, the car "woke" up and started turning. I was all over with the setup and did everything I could think of.
Here is what I discovered. When the tires wear to the same size, the car is great, and after that the tires wore the same. This is the first time I have had this happen. Usually running a 1.5mm split, everything wears the same.

My next time racing, I am going to run the same size tires to start and see if this makes a difference, but I wanted to see if anybody else is experiancing the same thing?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default MTX-4 parts for sale NEW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

click on other items by this seller to see everything
Old 09-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I'm experianceing something strange. What I am having is a push issue. I couldn't seem to get rid of the push this past weekend. Running Ft Myers, I tried running from 1mm to 3.5mm of split and I still had a push. After 10min in the main, the car "woke" up and started turning. I was all over with the setup and did everything I could think of.
Here is what I discovered. When the tires wear to the same size, the car is great, and after that the tires wore the same. This is the first time I have had this happen. Usually running a 1.5mm split, everything wears the same.

My next time racing, I am going to run the same size tires to start and see if this makes a difference, but I wanted to see if anybody else is experiancing the same thing?
and this is why i dont run overdrive,i run the 25 pully and a 1mm split and the car runs better,if you have high rear tire wear than i think its setup and nobody beleaves me LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.