Mugen MTX-4

Old 09-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
I dont think you are correct, that would totally throw off the pitch of the gears.
They are the same size. They "cheat" on the pitch in order to make the gears the same size. This allows you to change the spurs without having to adjust pinions as well.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The FAQ section of the the MTX-4 Knowledge Base is now online.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
They are the same size. They "cheat" on the pitch in order to make the gears the same size. This allows you to change the spurs without having to adjust pinions as well.
how long have they been cheating with the pitch and which gears have the greatest variance from the correct pitch??
Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fixed my problem with the gear mesh
since its raining today i cant break in my new engine

is the best break in method heat cycle?? and can i have a gd link on how to do it please

since its a new engine the flywheel does not spin all the way round since the piston is very tight. how do i start it then??? just put in fuel and let it lub itself or...??

thanks in advnace
mat
Old 09-02-2006, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The FAQ section of the the MTX-4 Knowledge Base is now online.
Rainer, that is wicked. Thanks for all the hard work. That saves us a lot of diggin-around time. Now we can just send the confused or newbies to the FAQ. Heck, I'll be sending myself there.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Rainer, that is wicked. Thanks for all the hard work. That saves us a lot of diggin-around time. Now we can just send the confused or newbies to the FAQ. Heck, I'll be sending myself there.
Thanks Tommy!

Just a few more things to work on and all the sections will be populated. Then I have to go through everything again, tidy up a bit and put the site into maintenance mode - which is the easiest part. Too bad I have to race this weekend. JK! JK!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks Tommy!

Just a few more things to work on and all the sections will be populated. Then I have to go through everything again, tidy up a bit and put the site into maintenance mode - which is the easiest part. Too bad I have to race this weekend. JK! JK!
Rainer,
Sould have pics and PDF file ready for you today or tomorrow. Send to your regular email?
BTW, the site looks awesome, thanks for the hard work.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Rainer,
Sould have pics and PDF file ready for you today or tomorrow. Send to your regular email?
BTW, the site looks awesome, thanks for the hard work.
Thanks Jamie and thanks again for the interview! You can send the pics and setup file to my regular email.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

My rear belt stripped all its teeth last night quite abruptly. I was using the stock urethane belt with the adjuster cam in the stock loose position. Have many other people had issues with the rear belt stripping? Any ideas what causes it?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
My rear belt stripped all its teeth last night quite abruptly. I was using the stock urethane belt with the adjuster cam in the stock loose position. Have many other people had issues with the rear belt stripping? Any ideas what causes it?
i had the same thing happen to my car 2 weeks ago, only i had 3mm of belt unbroken.
the the rest got jamed between the diff and the rear part between the bulkheads which took out all the teeth on the diff and only left what the 3mm rear belt was riding on
as it was a new belt that i'd fitted i was a little annoyed
oh well, a new belt and new diff casing and it'll be good as new
will you be in bris next week??
cheers
joe
Old 09-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

i did this with both the urethane and rubber belt in my case it was just old,with the motors haven so much power today i find you got to change them more often.i did this with the mtx3 and 2 cars too so its not the car.and dont run the belts tight,they will strip faster.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
i had the same thing happen to my car 2 weeks ago, only i had 3mm of belt unbroken.
the the rest got jamed between the diff and the rear part between the bulkheads which took out all the teeth on the diff and only left what the 3mm rear belt was riding on
as it was a new belt that i'd fitted i was a little annoyed
oh well, a new belt and new diff casing and it'll be good as new
will you be in bris next week??
cheers
joe
Yep I will be around. Raced Logan last night, Wynnum next weekend and watching the worlds finals following weekend. Should be fun!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Yep I will be around. Raced Logan last night, Wynnum next weekend and watching the worlds finals following weekend. Should be fun!
cool,
look for these bodies if your there for practice
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-att5-small-.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-aus1-small-.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-pb1-small-.jpg  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2 speed

Newb questions here.

How big of a gap should the two speed halves have?
When adjusting the two speed do i have to turn both 2.6x12 screws? At what increments?
And what increments are you adjustiing the clutch spring (engine). And how are you doing it without the mugen adjustment tools.
thanks in advance.

rai
Old 09-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

has anyone had a problem with the diff leaking from the outdrives?
my diff has this problem and the casing is near new
the out drive do have 1mm movement in and out.
should i put extra shim or 2 to eliminate this movement between the inernal gear and the Oring?
cheers
joe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.