Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Dan, I just came off of that same problem. You may want to richen up the lsn by 6 hours at a time till that problem goes away. You will eventually have to compensate with a lean per hour on your hsn and mess with the idle needle. It took 12 hours on the lsn for mine to go away and I had to lean the top by 2 hours and mess with the idle.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Guys i am struggling at the moment with engine dramas. What i have is a bottom end problem the engine wont return back to idle and if it does eventually get back to idle it takes a long time to. What i thought this was was air leaks in my engine, however i put a different engine in the car last night because someone insisted i try it to keep me racing and the same result. So what i think it comes back to now is either pipe or furel tank. Has anyone had any similar problem with a tank?

Cheers Dan
One more thing to check. I had the same problem that took me out of the A at a state race. Check the screw on the top deck, under where the throttle returns to idle. This screw will back out if not tightened down. Mine prevented the throttle to return to idle and I kept blowing the corners because I couldn't slow the car down.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replys guys as far as tune goes i have tried everything even to the piont where the lsn head is out past the ball for the coupling. What i originally thought it was was air leaks on the motor so everything has either been changed or sealed up even the head button as i thought the glow plug wasnt sealing properly. I have replaced all fuel lines and tried 3 different crabs.

Sohlman, no i dont have a pressure chamber but was thinking about getting one, but i dont know the what they are supposed to do, can you fill me in?

Cheers Dan
Old 08-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the help, I ordered the clutch tool...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriptikracing
wassup guys! So...I've been running my car for about 2 weeks now. I love it...but I just can't seem to get used to the front one-way. Braking sucks! I've adjusted my radio abs plus mechanically on the car to a point where I'll get as much brake I can without the car pulling or spinning out. However, I lose so much time/distance at the end of a straight going into the turn. The guys with regular diffs just out brake me. How do you guys counter the effects of the front one-way? Or is it I'm just too worried about going into the corner too hot and I should just have confidence that the car will just stick? BTW, I've got the car setup according to the setup sheet but with 30,000 wt diff oil.
My suggestion is to use the front diff. Our track infield is too tight for the one way, espescially if you are not use to a one way.

Btw, racing this Sunday. Stop by, maybe can help. Still trying to dial in my 4
Old 08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Sohlman, no i dont have a pressure chamber but was thinking about getting one, but i dont know the what they are supposed to do, can you fill me in?

Cheers Dan
A pressure chamber acts like a larger, more powerful fuel pump...without having to spool up lots of fuel tubing between you fuel cap and pipe. It keeps the tank well pressurized for better fuel flow.

Mugen Seiki Pressure Chamber Set #B0116

I hope you work out your engine issues.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
A pressure chamber acts like a larger, more powerful fuel pump...without having to spool up lots of fuel tubing between you fuel cap and pipe. It keeps the tank well pressurized for better fuel flow.

Mugen Seiki Pressure Chamber Set #B0116

I hope you work out your engine issues.
Thank you for the response.

I hope i do too as it is getting very very frustrating.
Are you comming over for the worlds?

Cheers Dan
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
not yet. Had to spend some time with the wives family this past weekend. Wife demanded it

I'll need an address, pm it to me.
i think we all have this prob lol
Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhigga15
Thanks for the help, I ordered the clutch tool...
and get the gear tool its realy nice when you can get it.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RoyU
My suggestion is to use the front diff. Our track infield is too tight for the one way, espescially if you are not use to a one way.

Btw, racing this Sunday. Stop by, maybe can help. Still trying to dial in my 4
wassup RoyU! Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, lhs don't have the parts to make a diff. Someone suggested to use the blue brake pads since it bites harder but more gradual. I think I might try that. Since I never raced with a one-way, I might as well try atleast one race with it. If I don't like it, I'll switch to the diff.

Yeah, I might actually race this sunday. The only thing I gotta do now is decide what shore tires I wanna run.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Thank you for the response.

I hope i do too as it is getting very very frustrating.
Are you comming over for the worlds?

Cheers Dan
I would love to come down, but it's not in the cards this year. Hopefully, my US teammates will bring home the championship for Mugen.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriptikracing
wassup RoyU! Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, lhs don't have the parts to make a diff. Someone suggested to use the blue brake pads since it bites harder but more gradual. I think I might try that. Since I never raced with a one-way, I might as well try atleast one race with it. If I don't like it, I'll switch to the diff.

Yeah, I might actually race this sunday. The only thing I gotta do now is decide what shore tires I wanna run.
Start out with 40s. True the front tires 2 mm smaller than the rears if you are using the 24t outside mid pulley.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

and i will say dont use the 24 use the 25 and still do 2mm diff between front and rear
Old 08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
and i will say dont use the 24 use the 25 and still do 2mm diff between front and rear

YBSLOW will probably disagree with me, but running a 25t pulley with 2mm split with give a noticable on power push. That setup will give front underdrive meaning on power your front tires will be turning slower than the rears.

Bottom line, is you can test for yourself but I would not use the 25t pulley with a 2mm split. Use the 24 as was suggested.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

the car turns in better and i dont find it pushes atall i do some times run it with 1mm and with the 24 it wreaks the front drive, this is on a short track on a big track 24 works ok but i still dont like it.

Last edited by wallyedmonds; 08-19-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.